Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My First Completed Set!

I know I'm a very small fish in this pond, but I just completed my first PSA set, the 1965 Topps White Sox Team set. Check it out!

I got the first card for the set in November 2008 (Bill Skowron) and the last in August 2012 (Gary Peters). I didn't realize how long it took until just now...kind of depressing! The most expensive card in the set was PSA 9 AL Pitching Leaders. I think the least expensive was the PSA 8 Tommy McCraw, since I bought it raw and submitted it myself. I don't have any record of what the raw card cost. Otherwise, the PSA 7 Jimmie Schaffer was the least expensive. The entire set cost me just over $450, not including shipping.

I will work on upgrading to at least PSA 8s across the board...not sure I can afford to do much better than that, so it'll be mighty difficult for me to crack the Top 4 current finest list. image Oh well.

I am slowly chronicling the White Sox 1965 season and players on a White Sox message board, showing off the cards as I go. Take a look if interested.
Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Good job in finishing your set . Most any goal in life , that is completed , brings a sense of accomplishment , once done.

image for you and your set ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Way to go!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on a job well done.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on completing your first set ! Very interesting White Sox message board ! Are you BRDSR on that message board ?
    Hope the Sox's can hang on for the division title ! Good luck with the upgrades !
    Robbieimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Enjoyed looking at the set. Congrats!
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options
    CONGRATS on the set!! great accomplishment....... but ......... go tigers image
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's
    PSA 10 Bill Freehan (any year)
    E-mail: stevekammeyer (at) gmail.com

Detroit Tigers for LIFE!!
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Those are super kewl cards!

Congrats on the accomplishment!