Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MERCURY DIME UPDATES

OKAY is it going to be a red Fridayimage
I am sad to say that I am not adding this week.
Maybe next week??
anybody else got good news or is everyone still poor after the 15thimage
Timimage
LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb

Comments

• Options
    I.R.S ( I'm Real Sad) not adding any for me either.....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Dennis,

Perhaps you upgrade your 31-D and I add one soon. I am having trouble finding coins I need in the grade I can afford....but that is all part of the thrill of the chase. I hope I can get to ANA this year (with a few $$ in my pocket).
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new ones for me this week...... or next. image I do have my eye on a silver dollar - just a date I've wanted for a long time; not even needed for a Registry set.

Hoping to make it to a show in Denver on May 17-18. Maybe I can find some Merc's there.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    No new coins for me. This is getting old no new coins fo almost 2 months. I need to hit the LOTTERY lol.
    Congrats on all the additions and up grades.

Rayimage
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't expect to be adding any this week or next weekimage I don't have anything in mind or sight yet.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm looking at one in the Heritage sale, but there is still 16 hours to bid and the floor bidders have yet to speak. I've put in the maximum I'm willing to pay, so all I can do is wait. And, even if I win it, being that we are talking about Heritage my experience is it will still be weeks before I can add it to my set. Ah well, looks like a dismal Friday for us....

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bummed Out" coin has not shown up in Mail.image
      Bummed Out might Be On Hold.image
        Coin Arrived but I think it was entered too Late.image
          Yowza it took PCGS 1.5 Hrs to enter the Dimes Today.imageimageimageimageimageimage
            Bummed Out is Off Now !!!image
          1. Options
            I believe the heritage action on the mercs in over.
            Looks like a picked up a nice 39p or at least that is what shows
            on there site.The winning bib is in blue as i read it, if that is the case
            and I hope it is I actually won the 39p in 67fbimage
            But as you say I probable want see it for a couple of weeksimage
            later guys
            Tim
            LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
          2. Options
            Tim:

I just went searching through the Heritage coins until I found yours. Nice looking coin, especially because I prefer untoned coins. Sometimes Heritage coins scan looking darker than they are. I'll be interested in your opinion of how the coin stacks up against its photo when you receive it...in several weeks.

I think I, too, won a dime insofar as the final price, when divided by 1.15, falls under my max bid and my max bid on their "my bids" is still green. I wish Heritage was a bit clearer whether or not your bid actually won the coin...

Mark
            Mark

3. Options
            gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
            Tim,
            Nice coin,i saw it and was going to bid but decided against it since i already have a 66.I have to many extras nowimage.
            Mark ,most of the coins i won from heritage look better than there scan,maybe im luckyimage.I also like white ,i just think you get a truer grade.Al..And no coins to addimage
          4. Options
            White Coins =image .......Toned Coins = BIG,BIG image
              Contraversy Within the Merc Registry ??image Shucks NO I'm Just Fooling with You. They are all Damn Pretty.image
                Coin Arrived but I think it got entered too Late. Oh Yes it is BLAST...BLAST White. Rick you Should have Bought It. 1930P MS66 Nice Coin. Will Get a Image into the Set Later.
                  Spent 3 Hours last night Searching Web Sites and Finally found a 1919S in a PCGS Holder. Called them and Ordered it after Selling some of My lower Grade Merc's this Morning. Bought it from Allen's in Westerville,Ohio. Has Anyone done Business with Them ? The Guy was Very Helpful with His descripition and with the Questions I asked Him about the Dime. I have a Picture of what it Looks like in My mind and Wonder how close it will come to the Picture.
                    Elisie's Portrait Rules: Ken
                  1. Options
                    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
                    Ken,

I am glad you like the 30-P. I had that one in my sights for a month or two. I just felt like it was a wee bit high on price. Looking back I may regret that decision.

Now dont forget your friends when you decide that you would rather have a FB coin for your set.

No new adds for me as I am in the middle of another costly hobby, old english sports cars. A Lotus Europa has caught my eye.
                    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
                  2. Options
                    Rick:
                      Classic Cars are not Expensive.imageNOT Just ask Me. I started out with a $5000.00 Max for My Fairlane. Heck that was Passed Before I got Started. One Good Thing about the Classics is that there is No Depreciation if You Keep Care of Them. My 64 got Wet Today for the First Time in 3 Years.image
                        When You get started on the Car just Ship Your Dimes to Me as You Will Be Broke !!!!image
                          Ken
                        1. Options
                          The only reason I am posting this message is to move one of the Merc threads closer to the top, which is where all Merc threads belong!!

Mark
                          Mark

2. Options
                          Found Only This at the Coin Show Today. Cost $14.00 but since something went wrong with the Transmission in My Fairlane the Ultimate Cost May Be $514.00.image
                            I Must Confess that I also Looked at Some Ike Dollars. Geez I still Do Not see what all the Fuss is about those things.image A MS64 Ike is Ugly IMO. Higher Grades were not Available to View. I suppose just like anyother Coin the Higher it Gets the More Appeal it will have.
                              A couple of Nice Buffalo Nickles were Available but had No Price Sheet for them so I Admired them and Carried on. That was about it as far as items that Caught My Eye.image
                                Later: Ken