Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

****CONGRATS**** to the winners of the Glendale Coin Club Gold and Silver Coin Raffle 10/21/12!!!

It is that time of year again! Last year I posted a similar thread in connection with our coin club's annual fundraiser and one of the forum members actually won the big prize!! You can see last year's thread here:

Last year's thread

Since then, I've been elected as the Vice President of the Glendale, CA Coin Club and our annual coin show in Van Nuys, CA will be held Sunday, October 21, 2012 at the Van Nuys Masonic Hall. At the show, a Gold & Silver Coin Drawing will be held at 3pm. The club purchases the gold and silver coins during the year and raffles them off to raise funds for the club. Of course, the gold and silver coins are a significant expense so we must sell a bunch of tickets just to break even, let alone get into the black. Thanks to the help of many forum members who purchased tickets last year, our club was in the black on last year's raffle and those funds really helped the club over the past year.

Several cool coins will be given away this year including the following:

1909 France 20 Franc Gold Unc
1915 Austria Gold Ducat Unc
2010 China 1/20th oz. Gold 20 Yuan Proof Like
1993 Canada Silver Maple Leaf
2012 USA Silver Eagle Unc
1983 Mexico Silver Onza NGC MS66
2010 China Silver Panda
2010 Australia Silver Kookabura

In order to have a chance to win one or more of the above coins, you must buy tickets!! I'm posting them for sale here because you do NOT need to be in attendance to win the coins!!! Tickets are only $2 each or six (6) tickets for $10. Just think of how cool it will be to tell your friends you bought a gold or silver coin for only $2!!! image

Let me know if you'd like some tickets and I'll fill them out and make sure they get into the drawing. I'll also fill out the ticket stubs and mail them to you (at no charge) if you would like them for your records. I'm making nothing in selling these, just trying to help out one of my local coin clubs and allow the forum members a chance to win it big!

Additionally, to show my personal appreciation to the forum and to support the club, and because I want to make sure at least one forum member wins something this year too, I will hold my own independent drawing for a 1946-S Booker T. Washington Commemorative Half Dollar graded PCI MS66. The coin is bright white and lustrous, but has a few too many marks to get MS66 in my opinion, looks better as an MS65.

imageimage

The BTW Half Dollar will be awarded to a lucky forum member who purchased raffle tickets through me. Again, this is completely separate from the coin club raffle and I will select the winner of this special forum member only prize by a separate random draw. You'll get one chance in my draw for each coin club raffle ticket purchased. Good luck!

Thanks again for all of your support! image

10/21/2011 update -

Just got back from today's and am happy to report that the show went very well. The numbers are not final, but I heard that the club was able to sell approximately $1100 worth of tickets for the raffle, a significant portion of which was purchased by CU Forum members!! I believe that amount is more than enough to cover the cost of the prize coins and should help with club fund its various activities for the coming year. Again, the help provided by over 25 different forum members this year through their purchase of raffle tickets is greatly appreciated by all of the club members.

Now to the part you've been waiting for...

Unlike last year, a forum member did NOT win the big gold prize... unfortunately, no forum member won any of the gold. But one of the forum members did strike silver in the draw!

That winning forum member is......................... BigJohnD who will be getting a really cool looking 2010 Australia 1 oz. .999 Silver Koala Dollar with a really nice reverse proof look! Congrats!!

I also promised a prize donated by myself that would be available exclusively to a forum member who entered the raffle and the winner of that PCI graded MS66 BTW Half Dollar is.................... pakasmom!!!!! Congrats to you too!!!!

Although I wish forum members took home more of the prizes this year, I really appreciate the support you all showed our local club. Thank you again!!!!

Comments