Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay's new design - my complaint/the scoop on what's happening and what you can do about it

I don't typically post over here (I'm from US Coins and Sports Memorabilia) but figured many of you use eBay to build your collections the same as I do. So, here's my post from over there....

Like many others here, I too have suddenly started seeing the "new" look on ebay when searching for items. I hate it. It's VERY distracting and "noisy" to view with lots of needless graphics and info and ads. I called their Customer Service this AM and this is what I was told......

1) This is a test involving 7% of their users (lucky me!)

2) It will last approx. 3 weeks

3) There is no way to opt out of the new design at this point

4) They are receiving, in the rep's words, "A LOT" of complaints about this new look

I registered my complaint, thanked her for her time, and informed her to include in the complaint that I won't use it and will do my business elsewhere if they adopt it.

If you DO NOT like the new look, the time to call is right now. Go to eBay, hit the "contact us" button and get the phone number and a pin to call them. The whole thing took me less than 5 mins. If you do like it, or don't care, do nothing.

Just FYI

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curiously I see the new garbage site on firefix, but not in chrome.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you taking about the one that has the bigger image and has 'ending soon' on it with no clock telling when it ends? I strongly dislike it. I'm thinking more than 7% of the people are seeing it.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you taking about the one that has the bigger image and has 'ending soon' on it with no clock telling when it ends? I strongly dislike it. I'm thinking more than 7% of the people are seeing it. >>

Yep. That's the one.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, very much annoyed by the new layout. I have a daily search running on new items and now every single one has an ugly banner telling me the item is newly listed obscuring the search image.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see the old style site but I do know global.ebay.com no longer works so now I cant search internationally like I used too. Now its searching what I want and goto the last page to click the link to international results, very annoying.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I still see the old style site but I do know global.ebay.com no longer works so now I cant search internationally like I used too. Now its searching what I want and goto the last page to click the link to international results, very annoying. >>

Do you know why they removed global.ebay.com?
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, havent a clue, other then to be a pill.
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    I'm also not seeing this stuff on Google Chrome .. I HAVE noticed that they have short-tracked Paypal with your normal checkout. My searches haven't changed for Ebay.com and not on Ebay.ca.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Chrome at home. Haven't seen any of it. Thank goodness.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>informed her to include in the complaint that I won't use it and will do my business elsewhere if they adopt it. >>

Great, now they will be sure to adopt it! Sometimes I think they are trying to drive business away!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com