Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Please help me fight cancer ~ LSC 100 Miles 10/21/12

Fellow CUers,

It's that time of the year again and any support would be greatly appreciated. Please see below and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Sincerely,

Barry (aka stown)

Family and Friends,

I hope everyone is well.

The ATX LSC is right around the corner and this year marks their 15th anniversary raising funds to fight cancer. As most of you know, I lost both of my Grandfathers to this disease and the LSC is a cause very close to my heart. It will be my 4th year participating and I’m truly excited about the new course, which begins in Austin. We start at Auditorium Shores (across the lake from downtown) and I’m riding the 100-mile route, which takes us to San Marcos and back.

New Course Map

Once again, my fundraising goal is $2,500 and I hope you can help fight a disease that has affected many of our loved ones. Please consider donating either to my personal webpage (http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/bnovy) or if you wish to donate via check; make it payable to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, complete the following form (check-in-mail form LINK), and please notify me so I can confirm when it arrives.

As previous supporters know, your participation does not end with a donation. I’ll send updates throughout the weekend and try to give a real-time experience like you’re there, even during the ride. The scenery will be different from previous years but please feel free to view pictures from 2011: Photobucket

I greatly appreciate your time and take care.

Barry
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Pitty bump for the weekend crew. I greatly appreciate the generosity and support, especially to those that have supported my efforts in the past. Thank you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Thinking of all that you've done Barry. people like you will make the difference.
  • Options
    Glad to support you again Barry. Great cause and you are very committed each year. Just donated, and hope you surpass your goal!

Keep on, keep on...

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    All,

First off, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation to those that have generously donated to this cause. CU's continuing support has been absolutely mind blowing and I cannot thank y'all enough.

This will be my last fundraising effort for the LiveStrong Challenge, though not necessarily due to recent events. While I will always support LiveStrong through other avenues, it is national breast cancer awareness month and I know too many people, including breast cancer survivors, participating in October fundraising events across the USA. Additionally, I've been promoted to a more active role with the Saint Arnold MS 150 team and I'm committed to helping them year round.

My first LSC was a life changing experience and the organization will *always* have a special place in my heart. Again, I greatly appreciate those that have supported this drive for the past four years, it means the world to me.

Thank you and please drive thru.

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Great work Barry! My wife and I just completed our first breast cancer walk here in Nashville today. It is a great and humbling experience.

I encourage all fellow board members to participate in your local walk or other activities if possible!image

Robert