Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Just Curious: Anybody Ever Seen or Heard of 2002 Jamaica Proof Set?

I've done a bit of unofficial research, and pretty much looked over the years but do not recall ever seeing a 2002 Jamaica proof set. Anybody seen or heard of these other than the listing in Krause? Royal Mint where they were possibly struck does not help with enquiries...
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    I have the 1972 and 1974. Wish I had the 2002. Krause says only 500 minted. Haven't seen it listed oft hand anywhere. But then again I wasn't looking either.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the late 80s through 2001 are authorized mintage of 500 per year but. Nobody including B. of Jamaica & Royal Mint can CONFIRM actually how many were actually struck and I have NO confirmation of sets struck in 2002 or later.

The economy has been racked by inflation in 1972 one Jam. Dol worth USD 1.10 and now less than 2 cents
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: No update!

I have yet to find any trace of the 2002 Jamaica proof set but will note a very cloudy 1996 Jamaica proof set was just sold on ebay - missed it though!
    Still looking for records of sale for the 1991 set also, but I am sure that it does exist.