Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

*** PSA/DNA Red Flip group submission - November 2012***All Subs have Popped!!

It's that time a year again and time for another PSA/DNA RED FLIP autographed card group submission. I will be submitting all of the cards to PSA sometime in the second week of November. Once again, PSA has been extreamly generous to allow me to offer a substantial group discount for the message board. As most of you know, PSA has increased their rates to $25 per card. For this sub PSA has agreed to allow us to get the old $10 monthly special rate cards.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY SO THERE IS NO CONFUSSION WHEN THE TIME COMES TO SEND ME YOUR CARDS.

I have received several PM’s asking if they could get cards graded with a # grade; cards with just the “Authentic” flip; and one for oversized/tall boy cards. So what I will be doing is placing 3 subs which are all listed here:

-Sub number 1 will be redflip with # grade (standard sized cards)
- Sub number 2 will be redflip WITHOUT # grade labeled "AUTHENTIC" (standard size cards)
- Sub number 3 will be a OVERSIZED/TALLBOYS redflip WITHOUT # grade labeled "AUTHENTIC)

There has also been one change from the previous group thread. All oversized cards will cost an extra $0.50 per card.

When you send me your cards, please make it VERY CLEAR which cards you would like graded with a # grade and which cards you would like labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) for standard sized cards. All Tallboys/oversized cards will be labeled "Authentic". I know I am being repoeditive but I just want to make sure everyone understands how this works

Breakdown of fees:

Instead of trying to figure out exactly what every ones totals will be with shipping to and from PSA, insurance, packing material, and numerous other expenses included in putting together three subs, I am just going to charge a flat fee of $11.50 per card for standard sized card. Tallboys/overzided cards will be an additional $0,50 per card bringing the card total to $12.00 per card. Once the cards have been returned to me from PSA, I will then get each person an exact total from the post office to return your cards. I know some people might start complaining at this point but just to give you a reference of how long it took me to fill out all the sub forms and pack up our last 1000+ card sub I put more than 80 hours of my time into doing this sub from start to finish, and that is not an exadurated number. Just like the last sub we did, my ultimate goal is to make sure everything runs smoothly and there are no mistakes or mixups when you receive your cards back from the sub.

Here are the rules to the group sub:

1) The standard size cards that pass, will be labeled with the red flip. The autograph itself will not be graded, only authenticated, but the card will be graded if you choose or it can be labeled “Authentic” without a number grade. You may split your sub between the two services with your standard size cards. When you send me your cards please make it clear which cards you would like labeled with a # grade and which cards you want labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) For the oversized/tallboys that pass will just be given the “Authentic” flip which means the card and autograph are both authentic.
2)All cards must be licensed trading cards
3 These subs are for cards only no memerobilia , index cards, or photos will be submitted.
4) There are no cards allowed that are valued over $200.00. Please don't play games with this and submit cards valued higher. PSA is being good to us, and giving us a good deal, don't take advantage of them.
5) To participate in this group sub, you must send in a minimum of 10 cards. I just don't have the time to deal with small orders of 1, 2, 5 cards, etc.
6) The price is $11.50 per card for standard size cards and $12 for oversized/tallboys, plus the exact shipping totals to get the cards back to you once I receive them back from PSA. If you are unhappy with this fee structure then please don't participate in the sub.
7) When you send me your cards you must include the grading fees up front with your cards.I will only accept payments via check or money order . If your check or money order bounces, then I will not send your submission and you will pay for me to ship them back to you. You must pay in full when you send me the cards for submission.
Once I receive the cards back from PSA I will then contact you with the cost of returning your cards and you can send me a check , money order, ot paypal for the return shipping. I know it is a pain in the butt to send a second payment for the cards to be returned to you but there is really no way to calculate the shipping weight until I have the cards back in my possession.
8) The submission will be going to PSA the second week of November. The deadline to get me your cards is November 1st. I know it will take some time to get your cards together but if possible, please don't wait until the last minute to get me your cards/payment.
9) When you send me your cards, you must package them in individual CS1's ( or UltraPro equivalent). Please include a detailed inventory list with all pertinent information including your name and CU user ID, card name, manufactur, year, playername and card value. Check PSA's submission center if you are unsure how to do that. Please make sure it is clear which cards you wanted graded with a # grade, and which cards you want labeled "Authentic" (without a # grade) for the standard sized cards. You must ship them in a method that requires my signature. Make sure you purchase adequate insurance.
10) If you are planning on participating, please post in this thread with your approximate quantity, and I will keep a running list in this post.
11) Please don't ask me if we can get a better deal with PSA, if you'd like to do that, do it yourself. Again, I think they are being more than fair and generous with their pricing. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you, then don't participate.
12) I am not responsible for PSA's turnaround time. If it takes them a week, that's awesome, if it takes them 3 months, that's not my responsibility. I'll be waiting anxiously just like you.
13)If you still have questions, please ask me in the thread, not via PM's, it's much easier for me to keep track of it that way.
14) Once you have read the rules and you decide you would like to participate in the group sub, please send me a PM and I will send you my shipping/payment info.

I am sorry for all the rules, I just don't want there to be any misconceptions, and in order for everything to go smoothly, I feel it's best to set them from day one. I will also keep the board updated on a weekly basis to let everyone know where we are in the submission process.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Nice of you to do this.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    50 from me, John.

Including 16 Tallboys. Thanks!
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    John,

You are a glutton for punishment! I might send a few your way, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    John ... I will let you know "officially" sometime later this month or early next month. Thanks for doing this for everyone.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be getting in on this one....thanks!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be getting in on this one....thanks! >>

I'll probably be submitting some Wrestling All Stars in order to trade with him ^^^^
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Count me in for 20 Regular sized cards.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    That is what I like to hear Navarro!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    i have 18 regular sized cards
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Ill be in on this too image
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    If I have 10 cards total can iask for 5 to get a number grade and the other 5 get authentic only? Or is the min 10 for each card. They are all regular size
    Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I have 10 cards total can iask for 5 to get a number grade and the other 5 get authentic only? Or is the min 10 for each card. They are all regular size
    Thanks >>

Yes, you can split it up anyway you like. All I ask is that you make it clear on your inventory list which cards you would like to get a number grade and which ones you want labeled "Authentic".
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭
    I will be in for 10, and will just guess it'll be the minimum. Thanks John
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Are they accepting multi-signed cards on this deal? Ie: Topps Total dual or triple cards?

I'm in for at least 10.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 10. When do you want to start receiving cards? Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I won't be home from Afghanistan until the second week of November. If I can send you cards via Express Mail, count me in for 50+.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>I won't be home from Afghanistan until the second week of November. If I can send you cards via Express Mail, count me in for 50+. >>

That's not a problem, we would be more than happy to accommodate you. It will take me a couple weeks to fill out all the sub forms and pack up all the cards. If we have to wait an extra couple days for your cards it is the very least we can do to say thanks for your service overseas.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I won't be home from Afghanistan until the second week of November. If I can send you cards via Express Mail, count me in for 50+. >>

That's not a problem, we would be more than happy to accommodate you. It will take me a couple weeks to fill out all the sub forms and pack up all the cards. If we have to wait an extra couple days for your cards it is the very least we can do to say thanks for your service overseas. >>

+1!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm in for 10. When do you want to start receiving cards? Thanks >>

I will PM everyone with my shipping info sometime in mid October.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I'll be in on this for 10-15 signed cards.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    I'm in for 50
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    in for at least 10. do we need an exact figure as i still have a few cards out on private signing/consignments.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Im going to plan on 50 cards (one oversized) barring any financial surprises here.
  • Options
    John,

I am in for at least 12. I will look for a few others to try and take full advantage of the deal.

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Options
    TalmerTalmer Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I am in for at the very least 10 but depending on my spending could be significantly more.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    You're going to have to submit without me... looks like I'm going to be here an extra 2-3 weeks! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>in for at least 10. do we need an exact figure as i still have a few cards out on private signing/consignments. >>

I would like to have all of the cards by Nov.1st but as long as you get me your cards within the first week of November you will be ok.
  • Options
    John will you want our order in an excel format so all you have to do is copy and paste or do you just want us to include it in the package??

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    John,

PM sent
  • Options

<< <i>John will you want our order in an excel format so all you have to do is copy and paste or do you just want us to include it in the package?? >>

An Excel spreadsheet is always appreciated but is not mandatory. As long as everyone could please send me some form of inventory list with their cards including: card company,year, card#, player name, variety(if any), declared value, and if you want it graded with or without a grade. On a side note, I will PM anyone who has shown interest in the group sub my shipping info in two weeks and then you can begin sending me your cards.
  • Options
    card savers or toploaders?
  • Options
    Sweet looking forward to this!!!!
  • Options
    I will jump in again.

10 to 15 cards.

Thank you.
  • Options

<< <i>card savers or toploaders? >>

Card Savers
  • Options

<< <i>John - I have a JSA encapsulated card I'd like put in the PSA holder. I know it would qualify for the submission - but would that cause you a problem for packing purposes? It's no big deal if it'd be too hard for you, but wanted to ask. >>

Unfortunately we can't include cards that are already slabbed for this sub. You would have to crack it out yourself if you want to include it with the group sub.
  • Options
    I just wanted to keep the board updated and let everyone know that I will be contacting everyone with my shipping info in the next few days. At that point you may begin sending me your cards for the group sub. If you are interested in participating in the group sub and you haven't contacted me or posted in the thread, please send me a PM and I will add you to my list.

Thanks,
    John
  • Options
    I believe I have PM'ed everyone that was interested in the group sub my shipping info. If for some reason I didn't contact you with my info, and you want to participate in the sub, please contact me through PM and I will send you my info. Once I have received your cards I will also send you a PM confirming that I have your cards.

John
  • Options
    John -

I emailed you an excel template of my order. My cards are packed, and will be dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!!

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    cards should be at your door today!
  • Options

<< <i>John -

I emailed you an excel template of my order. My cards are packed, and will be dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!! >>

hey D can you email me an attachment to the excel template? i'll pm you my email again. thx
  • Options
    done.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I decided to do 20 standard sized cards all Sub number 2"AUTHENTIC . Thanks. I sent you a dm
  • Options
    There is still time to send me your cards if you would like to participate in the sub. All I ask is that you please ship them soon because I would like have all the cards by the following week. One other thing, please make sure you include something with your name and user ID on it with your cards and payment. I have received several packages that haven't included any paperwork stating who the cards are from. I have figured out whos cards they are but it is a hassle doing so, so please remember to include something with your name on it.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
  • Options
    Mine should arrive via Express Mail before 3pm tomorrow, John!
  • Options
    20 Cards and money order were sent out Saturday you should have it today or tomorrow. Thanks John.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    I wanted to keep everyone updated and let everyone know that I am still waiting for several packages that are supposed to be here in the next couple of days. As soon as I receive them I will be cashing all the checks.
  • Options
    Do I still have time to send out 10-15 cards to you? If so let me know the day you need them and I will overnight if needed?