Home Sports Talk
Options

How many Bronco fans still wish for Tebow instead of Manning?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
Peyton Manning looked pretty good last night against the Steelers.

If (big IF) he can stay healthy this year I suspect that most Bronco fans will not regret the team trading for Manning ans sending Tebow to the Jets.

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Provided Manning doesn't get carted off from the field on a stretcher before the bye week, any Denver Doncos fan who wishes for Tebow over Manning are not ones who want to see their team have any chance of making the playoffs. Manning in a wheelchair is an instant quarterback upgrade over Tebow.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Manning in a wheelchair an instant upgrade over Tebow is................................... Very Funnyimage

I like Tebow and still think it is funny (I'm trying to imagine Manning passing while sitting in a wheelchair and Tebow passing standing up; and wondering who would be the better passer).
  • Options
    Let's see here.

Peyton Manning never beat Florida while at Tennessee, and never won a national championship.

Tim Tebow won a couple of national championships at Florida.

In Tim Tebow's first year as a starter, he took a 1-4 Denver team to the Playoffs, and beat Pittsburgh in the first round.

Peyton Manning never took a 1-4 Colts team to the playoffs, however he did beat Pittsburgh in his first game as a Bronco.

Right now I'd say Tebow accomplished more in his college career, and did more in his first year as an NFL starter then Manning did.
    But only time will tell what the future holds.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better question would be how many morons are still "Tebowing" image
  • Options

<< <i>That was a HUGE confidence game for Manning. After almost two years on the shelf, it must feel pretty good for him. He was very impressive but his zip has definitely lost something. Also, I'm surprised he opted not to sign with the 49ers as that appeared to be his best chance for a ring. Being a life long Raiders fan, I can't believe I'm partially going to be rooting for the Broncos this year. >>

Agreed, Ive always liked Manning even when he was fighting my Patriots pretty much every year for the AFC. Personally Im a little upset that he missed a whole season because I would have liked him to break Favres all time passing yards record.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see here.

Peyton Manning never beat Florida while at Tennessee, and never won a national championship.

Tim Tebow won a couple of national championships at Florida.

In Tim Tebow's first year as a starter, he took a 1-4 Denver team to the Playoffs, and beat Pittsburgh in the first round.

Peyton Manning never took a 1-4 Colts team to the playoffs, however he did beat Pittsburgh in his first game as a Bronco.

Right now I'd say Tebow accomplished more in his college career, and did more in his first year as an NFL starter then Manning did.
    But only time will tell what the future holds. >>

Ahhh, I remember when the OP asked who had the better college career or first year as a starter. Oh, wait...
  • Options
    I think Bronco fans want Tebow back.

But John Elway knows what's best image
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Manning is throwing some serious ducks out there tonight. Passes aren't looking good at all, accurate or not.>>>

I've always contended that out of all the QBs in the G.O.A.T discussion (for those that want to put him there, I don't), that Manning throws the worst ball. His timing and accuracy are impeccable, which makes up for a lot, but IMO he's never really thrown a great ball.

Too bad he wasn't able to take advantage of the one dome game he has this year.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is fair to compare Manning and Tebow. Manning was great and is still very good, but is in the twilight of his career. Tebow was very very good in college and did take the HoHum Bronco's to the playoff's and beat the Steelers. His future status as a QB is still in the making. I think if someone took the time to groom him he could become a great QB, but everyone seems to be down on him for some reason.

Also, don't count Manning out just because he had a bad night against Atlanta.

It's funny how so many people sitting in their armchairs know so much about football and how good or bad players are! image
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think it is fair to compare Manning and Tebow. Manning was great and is still very good, but is in the twilight of his career. Tebow was very very good in college and did take the HoHum Bronco's to the playoff's and beat the Steelers. His future status as a QB is still in the making. I think if someone took the time to groom him he could become a great QB, but everyone seems to be down on him for some reason. >>

Probably because he had four years of heavy-duty training at Florida, and is now in his third in the NFL, and he still has horrible technique. He's worked on his throwing almost non-stop since leaving Florida - with little effect. He simply is not, and will never be, a good throwing QB.

Tabe
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching Manning out there the last couple of weeks, I'm betting the number is greater than the OP might think..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>After watching Manning out there the last couple of weeks, I'm betting the number is greater than the OP might think.. >>

...and Peyton's effort today isn't helping things. How youuuuuuu doin' John Elway? image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,,,,,,,,,,, Peyton looked pretty darn good today image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Peyton Manning looked very good yesterday also.

Denver is sitting pretty good after 6 weeks of the season, tied for first at 3-3 with a tie breaker over the Charges based upon division record. A comment last night was that Denver's remaining schedule is not as difficult as the first 6 games (well 5 games, excluding the Oakland Raider blowout) were.

Go Denver.
  • Options
    Im rooting for Manning mainly for stats because Id love to see him break Favres yardage record but not sure he can do it.

Oh and San Diego should absolutely ashamed at themselves image