Home› Precious Metals
Options

Fake J-M gold bars

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
A dealer from Florida that I know posted this on the coin dealer network this morning:
.
"Saw some phony 1 oz j+m gold bars last week at local flea market in sealed
plastics. They looked really good but when I asked the booth owner if they
were real he said no but wouldnt let me look at reverse or even touch them.

He also had some NG confederate money and wasnt too happy when I told him
they were counterfeit"
Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.

Comments

  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Greetings Sir ........ If you can ..... Any details .... like serial # or styles would be very helpfull.

    Pixs would be great as well!!


    Thousand Thanks Sir!!
    Silver Baron
    ********************
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭
    Before Ebay started banning the sales of replicas, there was a seller who frequently listed JM 1 oz gold bars. They did have 'replica' on the reverse, and he even showed pix of both sides. I do not recall whether they were sealed or not.

    I'll see if I can come up with a photo of the style.
  • Options
    There are a couple plated/100 mills on eBay now.
    They say "Fine Gold - 1 Ounce Troy". Not sealed, though.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,185 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Greetings Sir ........ If you can ..... Any details .... like serial # or styles would be very helpfull.

    Pixs would be great as well!!


    Thousand Thanks Sir!! >>



    I transmitted his entire posting.
    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
Sign In or Register to comment.