Home Sports Talk
Options

What do you want Penn State's record to be this year ?

They are currently 0-2 and have Navy at home this weekend.

A. How many wins do you think they'll get ?

B. How many wins do you want them to get ?

I think one or two wins would be something to shoot for.

Comments

• Options
    As a person from the south that has dealt with a number of Penn State fans for years, I would be just fine if they didn't win a game for a decade. For forty years I heard about how great Saint Joe was and how wonderful the university was and how much better the north was than the south and blah blah blah. Well, enjoy.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Based on their blow-hard fans backing Joe-Pa STILL to this day I hope they never win another game ever. When their fans wake up and acknowledge that the guy more than just "had a lapse in judgement" I'll pull for them to win a game or two. Until then I will continue to throw a curse toward them! image
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lost the first game cause of bad 3rd down defense in the second half, and they lost the second game due to a god awful kicker. So even though they were losses, neither game was a complete disaster, considering they didnt exactly play savannah state each week.

I also think its pretty childish and disrespectful for anyone to wish losses on innocent college athletes who had nothing to do with a bad situation. Say whatever you want about the people involved, or even the fans for crying out loud, but dont disrespect a bunch of kids playing football.

With that said, I think they have a chance at around 5 or 6 wins. They will atleast have a chance at every game except Iowa, OSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say I would be ok if they went 0-forever.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Hoping this doesn't offend anyone here. But if Penn State wins ONE game this year it will be disappointing. I think it is sad those still now there are now going for the 'us against the world' thing. If I was attending that school, or attended previously, I would have to take the hit in life and move on. It is disgusting anyone supports Penn State for the next decade. That stuff was covered up from the top. RIH Paterno. Backing off now.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They lost the first game cause of bad 3rd down defense in the second half, and they lost the second game due to a god awful kicker. So even though they were losses, neither game was a complete disaster, considering they didnt exactly play savannah state each week.

I also think its pretty childish and disrespectful for anyone to wish losses on innocent college athletes who had nothing to do with a bad situation. Say whatever you want about the people involved, or even the fans for crying out loud, but dont disrespect a bunch of kids playing football.

With that said, I think they have a chance at around 5 or 6 wins. They will atleast have a chance at every game except Iowa, OSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. >>

I am only wishing losses on the horrible fans that still support that monster... Paterno. The fact that innocent college athletes have to play and lose the games... oh well. Life goes on. In the scheme of things what I wish for means very little and likewise who wins or loses means very little. It's just some football games.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can honestly say I would be ok if they went 0-forever. >>

I agree GO BLUE!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    I don't disrespect the kids playing. I just prefer that the other kids playing in the Penn State games come away with victories instead of Penn State.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    And to add to that, if you asked me the same question five or ten years ago, I would have given you the same answer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They lost the first game cause of bad 3rd down defense in the second half, and they lost the second game due to a god awful kicker. So even though they were losses, neither game was a complete disaster, considering they didnt exactly play savannah state each week.

With that said, I think they have a chance at around 5 or 6 wins. They will atleast have a chance at every game except Iowa, OSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. >>

It's not personal. But those "kids playing football" represent the football program that so many people find repulsive at the moment. They play for the program and many of those players and the fans seem to want to still defend Joe Paterno on some level, which makes any bit of sympathy difficult to feel at the moment. It's one thing to not want to bash on Paterno, but to even attempt any sort of a defense for the man is not something I can align my understanding with, now or ever.

They'll probably win 2-4 games this year. They don't have a very difficult schedule so they do have that in their favor. Personally, I would like to see them go 0-310, which would include the other 298 wins still officially awarded to Joe Paterno. >>

I understand where you are coming from. I just think they still have a better team than most people give them credit for. Only 11 players left and only 4 or 5 had any real impact on the team.
    What I Collect:

• Options

<< <i>You may very well be right. They could've easily won those first two games as you mentioned (though a lot of teams have to deal heartbreak losses as part of the game). I would feel more comfortable with you number if they had won one or both of them. But I wonder if a snowball effect will occur with the losing and all that they've been through. >>

Yes. I personally, hope a snowball effect does not occur. Id like to see these players have a bit of success this season. It would just be nice to see, in my opinion. But all in all, if they lose every game, oh well, atleast i still have football to go watch almost every saturday this year haha.
    What I Collect:

• Options
    5 to 15
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the number of games they win this year I expect they will be a bit worse next year and even worse after that.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I also think its pretty childish and disrespectful for anyone to wish losses on innocent college athletes who had nothing to do with a bad situation. Say whatever you want about the people involved, or even the fans for crying out loud, but dont disrespect a bunch of kids playing football. >>

Is this like PC-ness collapsing upon itself?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts