Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB: Tunisia 8 Kharub date AH1281 (1864) copper proof specimen

Looking for the larger Tunisia 8 Kharub, copper variety, specimen proof strike not business, from year AH1281 (1864).

These were made at the Heaton Mint in Birmingham. I've already got the 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 and 4 Kharubs looking to complete my set. Not interested in any of those smaller denominations thank you.
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    bump
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    leads? anyone? image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Still looking. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to disappoint you, but I've built this AH1281 specimen set three times, two of which up to the 2 kharoub, and one up to the 4 kharoub. Never saw anybody selling or owning a specimen 8 kharoub. I once saw a circulated example for sale, but it was irrelevant to the rest of the set. You should consider yourself lucky if you got the 4 kharub in SP64RD or better.

PS : You didn't buy these coins from an ebayer called ozgur, did you?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I remember this from a conversation we had last Spring! Only I thought you had built the set up to 8 Kharub?

I got one 4 from jkcoins, and another 4 from an eBayer named doganturk image

My set is currently 1/4 SP65RD (PCGS), 1/2 SP65RD (PCGS), 1 SP65RD (PCGS), 2 PF65RB (NGC), and two 4's in SP62RB (PCGS) and PF63RB (NGC).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    No never the 8 kharoubs. I had purchased a lot of Heaton Mint's specimens when they first came out and I kind of regret selling them, as I was lucky enough to purchase, besides the Tunisian set, several Egyptian specimens in flawless 100% red or golden SP66RB, that I now see in SP62-64RB, or SP66-67 in cu-ni, now available in SP63-64. That, along with the grades of your 4 kharoubs tells me that the finest specimens have found their way in to collections and these are the dupes that are being sold.

Nevertheless, good luck anyway. It will cost as much as the rest of the set put together and then some, if you find it.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Thanks, Dimitri! It may be lifelong hunting but I look forward to it and will have plenty of time to save the $$$ image

I certainly don't mind having some lower-tier pieces to complete the collection, and then upgrade as better ones cross my path. That's why I purchased the 4 kh pieces in 62 and 63. Soon as I decide which one I like better, the other will be for sale! It's a game I enjoy playing and it helps with my patience. Better to have the hole filled with a temporary than empty holes.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ttt … just in case you got one to sell …
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ttt …
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a pretty sparky collection you've got going there LochNess!

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    Thanks, Giorgio. I upgraded two of them since posting the grades for Dimitri, and I've seen a lot of 8 Kharubs. But none MS.

I'll be pedalling some interesting things in Dalton. Whatever I don't sell there is going online.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    There's a guy on eBay that has one in gorgeous grade, but he won't sell it separate from his set. He's asking over $2k for the set. I'm not interested in that as I've already got a great set going. So ... if you see any others BESIDES the NGC set on eBay please lemme know image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ttt
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE