Home Sports Talk
Options

Hoke "We didn't play Michigan football tonight"

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
LOL...
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    saw some hilarious tweets last night while that beatdown was going on.

<< <i>NOT SportsCenter ‏@NOTSportsCenter If Denard Robinson ever played darts in a crowded bar, there would be no survivors #MICHvsBAMA >>

<< <i>Nick Saban's Statue ‏@SabansStatue Here lies Denard Robinson's Heisman hopes. R.I.P. September 1, 2012 - September 1, 2012 >>

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's really sad is that team from up North is the best in the Big 10.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>What's really sad is that team from up North is the best in the Big 10. >>

lol not.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Michigan alum sitting in an Alabama section it was brutal. Electric atmosphere and we had a blast regardless of the beat down. At the end of the day they were bigger, faster, better. Sometimes it's as simple as that..............MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a very tough first half to watch- both teams still have the season to look forward to- one with a National championship as a goal and the other a trip to the Rose Bowl. The 1969 Michigan team got whipped badly by a very good Missouri team and managed to recover.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>The 1969 Michigan team got whipped badly by a very good Missouri team and managed to recover. >>

This aint 1969 and that wasn't Mizzou they played.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is simple- both teams still have alot to play for

It is not 1969 or even 1950 when a Michigan team upset Ohio State in a blizzard in Columbus. The same Saturday, Illinois lost to Northwestern and then Michigan got the nod to play in the Rose Bowl and defeated an unbeaten and heavily favored Cal team.

I would rather not kick a team when then are down- that is easy.

Alabama is a great team and worthy of their ranking.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Michigan team that lost to Appalachian State recovered enough to beat Tim Tebow and Florida in a bowl game. So all is not lost.

What bothered me about the game was it simply looked like Michigan wasn't familiar with their own offense. WRs running terrible - or incorrect - routes. Running the spread option but having it ALWAYS be a handoff. Denard Robinson with passing technique that would embarrass a JV high school QB. And so on.

That said, I was also at the game (in a Michigan section, fortunately) and had a blast. It was a great time, a total Bucket List item for me and could not have been better, even if Michigan had won.

We toured Cowboys Stadium the day before the game and I got to walk the field. It was AWESOME.

Tabe
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Completely rebuilt defensive line and partially rebuilt O-Line. Their best corner injured at the beginning of the game. Starting RB and TE suspended before the game with a red-shirted RB starting. Almost all new starting WR's, including the back-up QB, who's never played the position. A few other minor injuries, along with a starting QB who isn't much of a passer, and couldn't run a lick. If Michigan WR's didn't drop so many passes early, it could have at least been respectable. They still would have lost, but considering all of the changes, is that such a surprise? They should improve during the season, but they still wont be ready for this type of game for a couple of years. They simply lack size & depth to do so. They've recruited extremely well since Hoke took over, but they still need a couple more classes before they have a lot of those guys on the field. Bama looked great.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Michigan alum sitting in an Alabama section it was brutal. Electric atmosphere and we had a blast regardless of the beat down. At the end of the day they were bigger, faster, better. Sometimes it's as simple as that..............MJ

image >>

That pic is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Gotta make it to that stadium someday.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.