Home Sports Talk

That Guy You Always Get Stuck With in Fantasy

Anybody else notice you always get stuck with that non-superstar player in certain fantasy leagues? Yeah, they might be pretty good, but not superstars...and you always end up with them for some reason. Someday, they'll create a whole psychology based on repetitive fantasy pickups.

Here's mine over the last few years:

Football:

Ahmad Bradshaw
Frank Gore
Michael Crabtree
Johnathan Stewart

Baseball:

Carlos Lee
Jimmy Rollins
Clay Buchholz

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last few seasons I seem to always end up with Kevin Walter of Houston, especially when Andre Johnson goes down with his scheduled injury, thinking Walter will step it up but it never works out. I promise this year he wont be on my roster.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I've always thought Frank Gore was pretty good, or did you have him one of the years when he got hurt.....
  • For four years in a row, without drafting him, somehow I ended up with Clinton Tortoise as one of my running backs. Thankfully, he has finally retired.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I don't usually get "stuck" with players, but there are guys that I always try to get when available, even if I have to reach a little bit...

Gore (not this year though)
    B. Marshall
    J. Finley

K. Youkilis
    C. Gonzalez