Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tonights Local Card Show (Pictures)

Comments

• Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Wow that's awesome.

My son and I just got back from a local mall show with only 2 card dealers!

The comic guys seemed to be doing a lot of business though!

Robert
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Awesome thank you for sharing the pictures. That was fun to look at.
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Where are the pics from? Looks like some sort of alternate universe where there are local card shows...

Good stuff
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    [email protected]
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a healthy show!
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    There's something definitely more enticing about the 50's/60's cards than the monster boxes of modern game used stuff.

"Molon Labe"

• whatcha buy? image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • This show is in S. Florida. It was okay tonight. Tomorrow should be better - However tomorrow I cant make it. The show in NY is way more of a real show that this. I'm just glad we have one down here.

I agree sidepocket - looking at vintage is more appealing and way easier on the eyes than boxes of modern - but I just wanted to take some photos to show you what others are selling for and so you guys can see what's out there also and compare.

Eric, I went with a buddy. Myself, I didn't pick up anything personally. I've already spent too much this week. It was tough to not walk over to the ATM but I stayed strong. I just went because my buddy who's starting to get back into the hobby wanted to pick up some worthy stuff. He picked up a 61 Clemente PSA 8 (the one on the left) along with a 2001 Upperdeck Pujols PSA 10.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭✭
    what few shows we have here.........nowhere near as nice.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. I enjoy seeing what dealers are offering at shows around the country, as here in Michigan it is always the same dealers with the same stuff. It would be nice if someone started a regular thread like this where everyone could add pics from any show they attend.
  • JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Looks worlds better than any local show I've been too in a while.

How where the people running the tables? Recently, I was at a show and made an offer on one of his cards (albeit, it was a low ball offer) and the guy reacted like I kicked his dog. A simple no would've worked.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • My experience with making offers is that if you make an offer within the right range but its still a tad too low, theyll shot back another number but if you give something insanely low, they wont even give you a number. It doesnt show you (the buyer) that your serious about a purchase and Im sure it makes them feel like your wasting there time.

As far as prices they sell at - a lot of the bigger dealers will sell according to eBay selling prices. What I do is for example - with the Pujols - he wanted $150 for the card. Now ive seen them sell anywhere from $140 - $175. Since eBay discounts about 9% after sale - I know that if he would sell it on eBay, he would only be taking home about $136 after eBay fees. So I offered $140. He then checked on his ipad the prices selling, took about 10 seconds to think about it and said ok. Win Win solution for everyone.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Marc,

Looks like alot of the guys still making the show which is good.They did end up doing away with Daytona show
    so its back to S>FL for next months show,need some patch/jersey cards sleabbed while becketts there.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8