Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Phil nailed this 1895 Indian Cent Proof TrueView!

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Still a bit surprised at the grade of this one. Maybe a candidate for resubmitting... image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    really nice coin
  • Options
    PR-64 Brown

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful IHC. Love the colors.

What is the grade?
  • Options
    How did my reply end up before yours???? I think this forum software is on its last leg.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still a bit surprised at the grade of this one. Maybe a candidate for resubmitting... image >>

Without knowing the grade its hard to say.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    I thought this coin was a solid 65 and a legitimate shot at 66 RB not brown.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't argue the grade from a two dimensional pic, but.......... there is no way that coin is not a red/brown designation. Our hosts got this one wrong. Mel
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought this coin was a solid 65 and a legitimate shot at 66 RB not brown. >>

Hard to judge the grade of a proof from a photo, but it sure looks like there is enough red for a RB designation.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still a bit surprised at the grade of this one. Maybe a candidate for resubmitting... image >>

The reverse is holding that back more then the obverse...

Crack and resubmit and it might come back a grade lower.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>

The reverse is holding that back more then the obverse...

Crack and resubmit and it might come back a grade lower. >>

Or higher and RB? image

• Options
    I agree the reverse might have kept it back for carbon spots but in hand they are not bothersome and really don't catch your eye.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of focus.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file