Home U.S. Coin Forum

No longer have to scrounge for useable coin envelopes.......

DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
.......... or cross-off & over-write on the few I have hanging around..........

I was browsing the local "2nd Avenue" thrift store today, and came across boxes stacked on a shelf in the far-right back corner of the store, each with 500 "Kraft 24" 4 & 1/2-coin or 1-coin envelopes, from a company with a "wp" logo on the label.

I couldn't pass them up, as each box only cost $3.90 & $2.40, respectively. Can't beat that! Although I guess the envelopes I USUALLY re-use must be considered 1/2-coin envelopes based on their comparative sizes!!

In any event, I'll be swimming in envelopes for the rest of my life!!image

(Edited to add: I guess I should mention to anyone interested & living in the North Wales, PA area that there were still a bunch of the boxes left. "2nd Avenue Value Store, 1200 Welsh Rd")

Comments

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they archival safe like safe flips are?
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt it. They look like tiny manila envelopes, and, while they look brand new, who knows how long the person who gave it to the thrift shop had them... plus, inside one of the boxes, there was an "Inspected by #9"-type slip, which stated:

"These envelopes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects and for a period of 4 months IF stacked properly and stored in a controlled temperature area away from dampness, overheated areas, steam pipes, and radiators."image
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These envelopes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects and for a period of 4 months IF stacked properly and stored in a controlled temperature area away from dampness, overheated areas, steam pipes, and radiators."

Slighly reword to have instructions for Toning 101....image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file