Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does the centering on this really fall into a straight psa 8?

Comments

• ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>76 Ryan >>

He's lucky he didn't get a PSA 9(OC). PSA 8's are more money so he got lucky. Have no idea why it's not a PSA 9 OC as that's pretty off cut
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • have to wonder why they use such a small scan.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    My guess is that the catd was a possible 10 if not for centering and owner of card requested no qualifoers.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • If PSA says it's an 8, then it is definitely an 8. I have no doubt to their grading expertise
    and would never question their grade.
  • Centering is within the standards for a PSA 8.

top border is 5 pixels = 31.25%
    bottom border is 11 pixels = 68.75%

NM-MT 8: Near Mint-Mint
    A PSA NM-MT 8 is a super high-end card that appears Mint 9 at first glance, but upon closer inspection, the card can exhibit the following: a very slight wax stain on reverse, slightest fraying at one or two corners, a minor printing imperfection, and/or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 65/35 to 70/30 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd. I wonder what happened to my post where I agreed with Levi?
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It got sucked into the back pages.
    Good for you.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid 8 but no chance (or shouldn't have a chance) at a 9, imo..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's odd. I wonder what happened to my post where I agreed with Levi? >>

Mine was removed just for saying hello to Levi. What's going on here? We cant even say hello to people anymore?
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if the new mod(s) could INFORM the members the new ground rules, as politely requested before, we might know what we can post, about who we are not allowed to even mention, etc. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.

• << <i>If PSA says it's an 8, then it is definitely an 8. I have no doubt to their grading expertise
    and would never question their grade. >>

Hello alt!