Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help? I have a 1934 gold medal flour card I would like graded.

I rarely submit anything and when I do I usually just piggyback with one of a few people I know on the board but does anyone know if this is considered a super size card or just a tall boy? It is nothing special, probably a PSA 4 or 4.5 Frank Frisch and I would like to have it graded as it just continues to sit in the envelope as it was shipped to me. Does anyone submit anything like this or any similar cards that I could piggyback with them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dean

Comments

• Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    edit
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Can't help with the submission but Gold Medal's are considered tall boys.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info. Now if I can find one of you guys I know to let me piggyback this card with ya?
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    info on set...

The real name is "Gold Medal Foods", they were issued by Wheaties in a premium offer during the 1934 World Series. The cards came in envelops printed w/ "Gold Medal Foods Inc." (the parent company of Wheaties) leading to the "Flour" name mixup many years ago.

the set is known as R313A

PSA will probably still use the old wrong name though... the "Flour" one image

R313A Frisch