Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Chance this 86 Fleer Jordan can bump or cross to a 9?

I have other 86's with the same corner that somehow have 8.5 and even 9s for the sub and I've definitely seen PSA 9s in worse shape. I'm partial to BGS for these but if it could cross I'd be open to it.

Any chance this could bump? Is it worth getting reviewed?

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell from scan. T/B may keep it to 8.5, but worth a shot.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Keep it where it is...Bottom right and chipping on right side..Nice Card
  • Options
    hard to say. "8" on the corners may be a deal breaker.

Crack and sub would be the only way to go, imo
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    The answer is "who the hell knows" . We've all seen various scans of cards with baffling grades so I don't know how to predict this stuff. This card looks quite a bit better than a PSA 9 listed on eBay right now
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Afraid that top right corner and the slight edge chipping will most probably keep that out of a 9 holder. Probably an 8 and could be an 8.5 with a lucky grader. IMO
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree. 8 on the corners will most likely keep it out of a 9. 8.5 is good for that card. If you could cross it to a PSA 8.5 it might look better as it wont have the corners grade on the case. That in my eyes makes it feel like a straight 8.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of something I was thinking about...

Say you pick up a sweet Michael Jordan RC (example) that is perfect everywhere but off centered so it gets the PSA 9 (OC). As we know that's the kiss of death and it will likely go for what around a 7 or 7.5 would go for. Since BGS grades so differently, would it not be wise to buy the OC, surmit to BGS and get 3 9.5's and a 6 or something and end up with a BGS 8.5? And get much more value for it?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This reminds me of something I was thinking about...

Say you pick up a sweet Michael Jordan RC (example) that is perfect everywhere but off centered so it gets the PSA 9 (OC). As we know that's the kiss of death and it will likely go for what around a 7 or 7.5 would go for. Since BGS grades so differently, would it not be wise to buy the OC, surmit to BGS and get 3 9.5's and a 6 or something and end up with a BGS 8.5? And get much more value for it? >>

I wondered the same but on older cards where so many show up PSA (OC)
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people normaly send the OC stuff to SGC
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    a Jordan RC PSA 9(OC) would not be kissed by death, or valued like a NM 7, in fact it could potentially be worth 30 to 40% more than a NM 7.

as for the card presented by the OP, it should stay where it is.
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

Say you pick up a sweet Michael Jordan RC (example) that is perfect everywhere but off centered so it gets the PSA 9 (OC). As we know that's the kiss of death and it will likely go for what around a 7 or 7.5 would go for. Since BGS grades so differently, would it not be wise to buy the OC, surmit to BGS and get 3 9.5's and a 6 or something and end up with a BGS 8.5? And get much more value for it? >>

BGS will only give you a 0.5 grade bump over the lowest grade. So in your example 3 9.5s and 1 6 will grade a 6.5
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

BGS will only give you a 0.5 grade bump over the lowest grade. So in your example 3 9.5s and 1 6 will grade a 6.5 >>

Actually you can get a full grade over the lowest as long as the other subs are 1.5 points or more over the lowest sub. There are bgs 9.5's that have 3x 10's and an 8.5.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.