Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WORST PACKING JOB EVER.

Here's how you DON'T pack cards:

I ordered a few team sets directly from the San Jose Giants (SF's A+ affiliate), and they came in the mail today. Ooooh fun. Hmm, kind of a big box for 7 minor league team sets...

Then I looked inside. WTF!?!?!

That's it, a few team sets, an oversized box, and no protection. Cards knocked around inside the giant box during transit, resulting in some dinged corners.

I'll be contacting them in the morning to talk about this. To top it all off, they forgot one of the sets I ordered and shipped 2 of another.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Someone deserves a major facepalm for that...image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And they would have fit very nicely in a SMALL FLAT RATE PM box!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I had ordered two team sets from the 2010 Harrisburg Senators, and they came just like this, in team bags, loose inside a small flat rate box with no packing material. I still pulled a PSA 10 Strasburg though. image
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I had ordered two team sets from the 2010 Harrisburg Senators, and they came just like this, in team bags, loose inside a small flat rate box with no packing material. I still pulled a PSA 10 Strasburg though. >>

I wasn't so lucky. 6 of the 7 sets have hard impact dings on 1 or more corners.

• scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    That's a crappy job of shipping but I think the Jordan rookie I received in a PWE has it beat . . .

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Platinum Medallion Ultra Jordan and the dude shipped it in a top loader with no sleeve or tape on the top in a bubble envelope image
    Lucky though it got threw okay. Also no insurance.
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Nice centering on the 7
  • WOW!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭

<< <i>That's a crappy job of shipping but I think the Jordan rookie I received in a PWE has it beat . . .
    >>

All I can say is WOW!
    Joel
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Was the Jordan card damaged when the case broke?

• scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Yes -- probably damaged down to a PSA 2/3

The guy was simply naive to how stuff gets shipped -- he refunded without an issue.

It was a beautiful, perfectly centered 7 in an old flip -- I only paid $360 image
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Some people just don't get it. A few years ago I was at a bookstore buying a comic book. The register wasn't working, so the cashier had to figure out the tax by hand (this was when most people paid cash for everything). She took a sharpie marker, turned over the comic, and did the math on the back cover of the comic. Then when I went to get another copy she made a scene about how rude I was and that other people would have to wait because of my bad attitude. She said something to the effect of "Oh, so I guess that advertisement on the back was so important to you..." then rolled her eyes and sighed. I can't count the number of times I've purchased a pack of cards at a Target or Wal-Mart and had the cashier just fling it into the back with the other items I purchased.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭
    I received a PSA 9 1990 Topps NNOF Frank Thomas rookie in a small envelop without padding, and 2 stamps on the front. A little better than a PWE, but I was shocked the seller didn't protect himself better. Fortunate he sold it to me and not someone looking for a free card.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • CARDSANDCOINSCARDSANDCOINS Posts: 340 ✭✭✭

Ordered a 1998 UPPER DECK BASEBALL SET AND THIS IS HOW IT ARRIVES

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

You just revived a 6 year old post. I'm not kidding.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

6 years apart or not the cardsandcoins post wins

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as we're doing this?

I rarely if ever post my eBay "fun times."

But this one is purely moronic.

I purchased a large ceramic flower pot for my wife and this is EXACTLY how it arrived - I didn't take any packing material out.

Mike
  • Luke1989Luke1989 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited April 21, 2018 4:52PM

wow...

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some lovely shards, Mike.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, I just LOL at all those pictures from this thread. Sucks. Those sellers are morons.

• mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

A couple years back I received a box with a $500 card and it was in NO holder at all - I don't even remember how it was secured, but there was no sleeve, no holder, no anything. Miraculously, it was fine but I almost had a heart attack :)

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a Koufax raw RC off of eBay from a original owner who had little selling history. The card looked NM! Beauty! He shipped it in a bubble envelope with no protection and it got bent (nooooooooo) went from 2k to $200 dam it.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@scotgreb said:

Yes -- probably damaged down to a PSA 2/3

The guy was simply naive to how stuff gets shipped -- he refunded without an issue.

It was a beautiful, perfectly centered 7 in an old flip -- I only paid $360

Crazy

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

A couple years back I bought two 1948-49 Bowmans. Seller wrapped them in bubble wrap and tape and put them in a plain manilla envelope. No toploader, not even a penny sleeve. I consider it a minor miracle that they managed to arrive undamaged.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History