Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seriously?

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rare? It's a damaged piece of junk that some hack tried to repair and since you have before photos............

Rare mislabled slab.
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    I offered him $2.49.

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    What a moron.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone please ask the seller to add a picture of himself to the listing. I bet they have a big L scar in their forehead.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    RodebaughRodebaugh Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    He can keep it.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I offered him $2.49.

image >>

Let me know if you're successful; I'll take it off your hands for $5 image
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow......"just 5 points away from having no wear. not many of those left.".....

Is he admitting to fixing it him self or having had someone work on it. I like it much more as a holed piece myself.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filling in the hole- ok, I sorta get that, but why scrub it at the same time?

As far as ANACS. Plugged or mount removed... who cares? Damage is the same either way.

peacockcoins

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you think that is something

take a look at the paper currency auctions in the recent feedback, rotfl

btw is that h10c really authentic?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what pisses me off more... the fact that these idiots (the seller) can spout lies and get away with it (for the most part), or the fact that some of 'em get more bids/sales/traffic then my genuinely rare and top-pop listings.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Filling in the hole- ok, I sorta get that, but why scrub it at the same time? >>

It's an ex-jewelry coin. It was probably shined up and polished by the original owner.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    As Lincoln Vanderblatt would say: "A $600 coin with $595 worth of damage."

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    "btw is that h10c really authentic?"

I have no doubt that the coin is authentic. In fact, it is actually quite well struck. It is an example of the so-called Large Date variety, making it either a V1, V2, or V3. Lacking any evidence of repunching of the date numerals, I would say it is either V2 or V3, most likely V3. A better picture of the reverse would let us know. It would have made a very nice addition to someone's collection had it not been holed and then cleaned. As Braddick pointed out, why make so much about the ANACS description; damage is damage, and whether or not they had inside knowledge about the seller's 'repair' vs. the coin having had a mount removed is immaterial.

This brings up a question I have had for some time. Just what is a coin that has been holed really worth? By how much should a coin's value be reduced due to the hole, or hole repair? I would venture to say that this coin is not worth $249.00 in anyone's book.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a moron.

-Paul >>

I wonder if the seller has a massive headache as well?
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the seller is admitting to being a (bad) coin doctor and trying to pull a fast one on ANACS?
  • Options
    Hmmm... Maybe I can sell some of my ultra rare misgraded raw coins now image
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should all offer him $2.49 my offer going in now
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just probably worth melt... image
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week, it was bid up to $45 reserve not met.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last week, it was bid up to $45 reserve not met. >>

that just proves how much of a moron he (or she?) is ... they must really believe it's a rare slab error image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that price it could be the buyer simply wanted the coin. Not too shabby really if you can get past the mess going on with that repair. I'd be tempted to pop out the repair and have the hole back again.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file