Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just found 5 expired PCGS grading vouchers

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thought I lost them when I moved earlier this year. image $150 in grading down the drain.

Anybody ever have luck getting PCGS to take them anyway? image

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact our host, you may be able
    to still use them !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grading vouchers? What cereal box do I get those out of?
  • Options
    Al21Al21 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was a few days late with mine. Called them up and they said no problem........

Successful BST transactions with WTCG, NH48400, evil empire,
    meltdown, timrutnat, bumanchu, 2ndCharter, rpw, AgBlox, indiananationals, yellowkid, RGJohn, fishteeth, rkfish, Ponyexpress8, kalshacon, Tdec1000, Coinlieutenant, SamByrd, Coppercolor
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold on there....do you realize how RARE these are? What condition are they in? Crisp unfolded? I see a whole realm of collecting possibilities here....first, the Doily,now, expired unused grading vouchers!!!image
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really depends on how long ago thay expired, I had the same thing happen. I found them 6-7 months after the expiration and was told no soap, hopefully you'll have better luck.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUCH !!! Good luck...
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's been about 3-4 months. They were given to me due to a customer service issue. I'll call tomorrow, I guess. >>

Worth a try but, lightning rarely strikes twice so I would guess "no" is in your future image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya dont know unless ya try. image
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing the ones I have from 10 years ago are no goodimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You snooze you loose in most cases not their fault you did not use them on time.image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, the expiration of gift cards and gift certificates is prohibited under California law. When you pay for a membership and the only additional feature you receive for the higher membership level at the higher cost is a grading voucher, it would appear to be akin to puchasing a gift certificate for such grading services. Accordingly, you may be able to argue that even those 10 year old certificates which were paid for are still valid under CA law. On the other hand, the certificates given to the OP were not paid for and would likely not be protected under that same law.

• Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I have never even heard of pcgs responding unreasonably to a collector on any issue before. I would call customer service and tell them you thought you lost them but they showed up and ask if they can do anything for you. If you have a good track record as a customer I am all but sure they will help some how.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a big deal, PCGS has been great to me in the past,
    besides I shredded them about a month ago cause they
    were so old, like ya say, you snooze you loose, Oh wellimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file