Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Jimmy Dean cards

Ive got about a 100 unopened packs of 1993 Jimmy Dean baseball cards. I know they areNt rare as individual cards, but is there any value to an unopened lot of that size?
Go Army, Beat Navy!

Comments

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    LOL, not really. I love food issues and oddball sets, but the answer really is no.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Thanks. I've been going through my 80s-90s childhood cards and it is a torture I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. Seriously, it should qualify as "enhanced interrogation tactics". Those were the only oddball items I found, must have thought it would be worth millions some day.
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "must have thought it would be worth millions some day. "
    You and about 50,000,000 other people.

I heard in the 1990-94 erra they made on average 300 cards per person in the USA for each individual card.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Stick them up on Ebay and see what happens. I listed a lot of 100 unopened packs of 1990 Post cereal baseball cards, and it got bid up to $59/dlvd.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Junk. But good luck as I have had none.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Go Navy, Beat Army!

Fixed it for you! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go Navy, Beat Army!

Fixed it for you! image >>

Doesn't matter.....

Air Force 'll beat 'em both! image

Steve
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    You never know.......

I have about 1500 Denny's Pinnacle Packs and about 500 Tony's Pizza Basketball packs. Sell them off ebay though, since there is too much competition there....places like sportlots and such can muster about $3 for a 10 pack lot.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    The cards that smell like the sausage bring a slight premium ...I hope
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    The money in those types of 80's oddballs has mostly come and gone. If you were first or second to market with a PSA10 of a specific player while folks were putting their Master sets together, then you got paid a TON. But if everyone in the master registry has their psa 10 now, then your cards are not worth much.

Check the individual registries of each of the players in the Jimmy Dean set and see if there are some players who don't yet have a 10 graded. If so, then you know what you need to go do.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.