Home Precious Metals
Options

U.S. states' debt tops $4 trillion - Ahmadinejad says capitalism on verge of collapse

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
from reuters

Iran says capitalism on verge of collapse

if you stack for SHTF, would you agree with Ahmadinejad ???

PS: don't forget the $2.5+ Trillion of consumer credit

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seriously gonna take advice from a terrorist?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just trying to stir up discussion...

some are looking for SHTF....

me? well, even if SHTF that's not necessarily the end of capitalism.... we know who is to blame: the politicians.

Others? if SHTF, is that the end of capitalism?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    $4Trillion in gov't debt isn't capitalism.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Stumbles, rocky road, some serious hits, and changes, Yes.
    But Collapse No.
    "We'll just re-mortgage (because we don't learn that easily).

Look at where we are at, then compare it to elsewhere. Still glad I'm here.

We complain, but can't just blame the politians. We're all responsible.

COA
  • Options
    Greed is a human emotion. Capitalism has some roots in greed. As long as there are humans there will be capitalism.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greed is a human emotion. Capitalism has some roots in greed. As long as there are humans there will be capitalism. >>

As long as there is money, there will be capitalism. I believe someday there will be no money, but I don't believe we will live to see that day.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>from reuters

Iran says capitalism on verge of collapse

if you stack for SHTF, would you agree with Ahmadinejad ???

PS: don't forget the $2.5+ Trillion of consumer credit >>

Ahmenijad runs a country that can no longer provide enough housing for its residents. They no longer can sell oil on the marketplace. They have one of the highest rates of heroin addiction (% wise).
    They can not defend their computer systems primarily their nuclear sites. Their newest fighter is a reverse engineered f-14. It wouldnt last long in a dog fight today.
    It sounds to me that iran collapsed and theyre trying to divert attention. Ohh wait that is what's happening
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does he know about capitalism, and what makes him think that we have a capitalistic system over here?

Afghan President Hamid Karzai said the narcotics trade was hurting Afghanistan's economic and social development.

Ya think? I wonder how much he pulls in from the narcotics trade vs. US aid?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes Opium, another of the blessings bestowed on the world by the british east india company

Now there is a company that was well versed in Crony Capitalism image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You seriously gonna take advice from a terrorist? >>

Good point but even a broken clock is right twice a day.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greed is a human emotion. Capitalism has some roots in greed. As long as there are humans there will be capitalism. >>

Simply put, capitalism is the respect for other's property and contracts.
  • Options
    And respect carries a very wide spectrum. The respect you and I share for each other may be quite different than the respect Al Capone and the US Govt shared.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capitalism has been dead for a very long time. It was already on its death bed when
    FDR removed the gold standard altogether and was on life support in 1963 when the military
    industrial complex completed their coup. By the time Reagan came along their was just feasting
    on the bones and inventing new ways to suck the very marrow from them.

A capitalistic society wouldn't rip you off at every turn and pay .5% interest while the bankers feast
    on bonuses.

Now we have a planned economy and Romney promises he'll make 12,000,000 jobs if we just give him
    a chance. Mind you, this is the "conservative" who'll invent these jobs rather than a "liberal". Obama will
    give us 12,000,000 jobs by increasing spending and Romney willgive us 12,000,000 jobs by cutting taxes on
    the wealthy so we can get some more of that there trickle down. In either case "capital" no longer means anything
    because no new business is allowed to compete with our wasteful and inefficient big business.

So all the actual new jobs will go to China, India and places where "capital" can still build a better (or cheaper) mouse-
    trap.

We're screwed and can't even teach kids how to read and write. We turn out consumers and they turn out users of capital.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're screwed and can't even teach kids how to read and write.

I'm going to be in some group healthcare facility at 91 or so, looking up at the nursing assistant who, with a confused look on her face is playing with some tubing and asking "what does STAT mean, again? Is that the same as Code Blue? Should I call Dr. Ahmed on his satellite phone, or is it too early in Pakistan for me to call?"
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We're screwed and can't even teach kids how to read and write.

I'm going to be in some group healthcare facility at 91 or so, looking up at the nursing assistant who, with a confused look on her face is playing with some tubing and asking "what does STAT mean, again? Is that the same as Code Blue? Should I call Dr. Ahmed on his satellite phone, or is it too early in Pakistan for me to call?" >>

something like that lmao. then again at that age who cares ( more or less )
  • Options

<< <i>We're screwed and can't even teach kids how to read and write.

>>

History is packed with stories of the poor dumb guy who made a fortune and created thousands of jobs through innovation. True this country has a demographic problem that is a bit unique to itself, but America is not stupid.

• Options
    Unfunded liabilities are much greater than the on budget debt: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-08/blink-u-s-debt-just-grew-by-11-trillion.html
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

good link rev

linkified
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    The Iranian leaders LOVE to talk about US capitalism and how it will be our downfall, ranting endlessly about how stock markets are a form of gambling (forbidden in Islam), and corporate greed. Of course when they do this, they always conveniently fail to mention the Tehran Stock Exchange and the Iranian Oil Bourse, shining examples of capitalism at work on their home turf.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options

<< <i>good link rev

linkified >>

Here's another statistic from zero hedge: The derivatives market stands at 648 trillion: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/648-trillion-derivatives-market-faces-new-collateral-concentration-risks
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama will give us 12,000,000 jobs by increasing spending

How's that been working out over the past 4 years??
    $6 trillion in new debt!