I don't know what it is.

Help me out.

Please, encourage me.

(pics of Saints would be nice)

r95

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to imply that there has been NOTHING that would interest you posted on the BST
    since March??? Best get a new hobby!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same boat since December 16. I tried to buy a coin back in May, but it turned out to be a real coin in a fake PCGS slab.

Right now I'm looking at a coin on the BST for my 7070. Waiting for the seller to contact me and hopefully break this lull.

This economy has the coin market in a funk. It's like buying a house. The deals are out there, and people want to buy, but nobody wants to move today because they know next month the deals will get better.

My advice: hold off on buying anything "regular", but when you see a real nice coin that fits your collection, BUY IT!
  • Options
    My advice would be to go to coin shows as much as there are the good, the bad and the ugly in droves. You will usually find dealers whose interests and inventories match yours. Browse the many auction sites devoted to coins; there are at least a dozen that have fresh material every week that others have worked to find by going to shows and shops and may have had to submit to the grading services so both you and the sellers are clear on approximate condition and values.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    A house full of beatuiful kids has a way of distracting ones focus. That and you were most likely watching the Olympics like the rest of us buddy image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope youve been saving for something big to share with us then image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i hope youve been saving for something big to share with us then image >>

I did let a 1907 $20 High Relief MS63 get away from me recently. I think many here have seen it in recent weeks.
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't bought a coin since March!

I don't know what it is.

>>

Is it the economy? image
  • Options
    I don't think I have eitherimage
  • Options

Here Ya Go, saint pics. The last one is my favorite and if you would buy it and give it to me I would really appreciate it. image

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad.

I haven't purchased anything all summer and I'm fine with that.

Nothing has interested me enough to pull the trigger and I try not to make impulse purchases anyway.

My purchasing will pick up in the fall when I have time for my collection again.

Summer is always busy with family obligations and vacationing etc.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    I haven't purchased anything since feb. and I'm getting icthy. I on a classic head $5 gold coin kick in EF and can't find a nice one. I already have the 1834, plain 4.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i hope youve been saving for something big to share with us then image >>

I did let a 1907 $20 High Relief MS63 get away from me recently. I think many here have seen it in recent weeks. >>

Is it possible that you didn't miss it yet? There is one coming to auction in early September through a N.Y source.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't bought a coin since March!

I don't know what it is.

Help me out.

Please, encourage me.

(pics of Saints would be nice)

r95 >>

Heck I cannot figure out my own issues now I have to think about yours tooimage Lol, I went 6yrs without buying a coin you have abit to go to catch up.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't bought a coin since March! >>

Have you just not found the right coin? Not enough funds? No interest?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file