I'm surprised the body count is so low
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A barbaric relic for barbarians.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the mine in this seasons gold rush, the natives were using mercury in their operation, touching it with their base hands and the runoff goes right downstream.

I definatly wouldn't mine down there, might not come back alive.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Not one of mankind's finest hours, indeed. Next time you place a PM order, consider researching where their supply comes from ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuff we really never hear about from the us media.
  • Options
    It is scary that the first thought that crossed my mind was that the ones affected were the Yanomami indians. Last year I had a college course named Cultural Health Perspectives and as part of my course I decided to research the Yanomami Indians. I dedicated an entire 8 weeks to researching their culture.

Very sad day indeed.
  • Options
    North American precious metals mining is now heavily regulated and for good reason, other parts of the world such as this example shows, Africa and South America especially, have lax oversight of enviromental and legal issues connected to mining. If you go back in time to gold rushes in the U.S., say on Cherokee lands in NC and GA as well as the use of toxic chemicals in the rushes in CA, you see how history repeats and why we need proper legal enforcement when lives are threatened.