Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ever not receive a card but...

the tracking shows that it was delivered? There is now way to see what address it was sent to. They could have sent a PWE with a dummy card and tracking to any building in my town right? This is a first image

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Had that happen to me once. They addressed it right, but the Post Office put it in a different PO Box. I got lucky to get it back.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Has happened to me 3 times (over a 13 year run on ebay with many thousands of purchases). Some (or maybe even most) sellers refuse to believe it can happen. 2 of the times it happened to me, the sellers basically told me to pound sand and it's not their problem--one even insinuated that I was lying.

One of those packages eventually did show up in my mail box a few months later--which was weird, because it was post marked back when it was originally sent, no damage to the padded mail, no stickers or writing on it indicating it had been misdirected and/or forwarded around, just a delivery that spent a few months lost in the Bermuda Triangle.

It is rare, but does happen. The 3rd seller was a professional and knew that I was a good buyer who would give him repeat business, so he refunded the Paypal payment.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me last year, and it was a fairly high dollar card. I contacted the USPS, who gave me a ticket number and said they would be in touch.

The next day, a neighbor I'd never met before brought the card to my house. I thought about calling USPS and letting them know I had the package, but I decided to wait and see what their "investigation" found.

I never heard from them
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The next day, a neighbor I'd never met before brought the card to my house. I thought about calling USPS and letting them know I had the package, but I decided to wait and see what their "investigation" found. >>

I too, am still waiting on that "investigation" call about a DVD that was "undeliverable" that was never returned to me. That was 4 months ago.....thank goodness I wasn't holding my breath.