Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Got a question for you pack busters

Do you dare bust '77 Topps? The cardboard stock is bad & many cards have lots of little spider wrinkles. I can see busting other 70's issues but 77's might be ones to leave sealed? Agree, disagree? Lemme hear from ya!

Comments

• I have to admit, my standards are low when it comes to packs,wax and racks.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Yes!!!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep them sealed.
  • Now I think I'd agree with Handyman. But lemme hear from ya, especially you guys who drop a lot of coin on unopened product? Have you had good luck with 77's or does it even matter? Does the thrill of busting matter more than losing some cash on busts that don't work out?
  • My opinion ALTernates from time to time
  • removed, was lame
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I've opened several 77 packs. Results = several 8s and 9s and one lone 10. It just happens to be listed on ebay this week. (shameless plug).

I love 77, 79, and 75. If have them, I will rip them!! Post some scans and good luck on that GEM Ryan.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Thanks David for the thoughtful reply! Good stuff.

Hank - I didn't mean to insult anybody. Nobody likes being disappointed or losing money, but I didn't even see the group bust where 90% were unhappy. I agree, 90% disappointment is bad, nobody likes seeing that especially when this stuff doesn't come cheap!
  • Nice! The guy with 12 posts ripping the guy with 8 posts! 77s had horrible paper stock. I have opened vending that have been out of this world and had a couple boxes that would of made better toilet paper! Welcome to the boards Dodger guy.