Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1954 Bowman Baseball store / display in pages

Hey, I'm hoping that you all will share your wisdom with me regarding how best to store/display 1954 Bowman Baseball cards, which are just a bit too tall for standard sleeves and 9-pocket pages. Best to use vintage-sized sleeves and 8-pocket pages?

BTW, have you all noticed how the newer UltraPro Vintage sleeves, which are in the red/black fronted packs, are slightly larger/longer than the former version (in the more familiar blue/black fronted packs) so that they don't fit into 8-pocket pages? This is a problem for those of us who like to store raw cards in a sleeve and then display in pages......

Thanks in advance for any info......

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got mine in 8 pocket sheets and a slip cased binder.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    radmanradman Posts: 89 ✭✭
    do you sleeve them first?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    nope, never have and have never had a problem.
    Just make sure the binder is the right size for the set and it stands vertically without bending pages.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nope, never have and have never had a problem.
    Just make sure the binder is the right size for the set and it stands vertically without bending pages. >>

+1 and fill any space in the binder with empty pages.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    noticed that standing vertically was recommended....I've had better success keeping cards that I have in albums laying flat..... is there really a preferred way to store them in the binders???? thanks

al.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>noticed that standing vertically was recommended....I've had better success keeping cards that I have in albums laying flat..... is there really a preferred way to store them in the binders???? thanks

al. >>

Laying flat puts weight down in the cards, risking the cards sticking to the pages. Plus, it adds the possiblity of pinching the front/back pages in the rings if laid flat, will damage cards significantly more than standing vertically.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to check the album I have to make sure that the cards are still alright....some of the albums haven't been opened for awhile......