Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Three months of hard work just paid off!!!!

I just won a city council spot in my hometown! Three months of door to door campaigning everyday after work and all day long on saturdays just paid off!

We had a live televised debate,I had multiple editorial interviews with various local papers, many speeches delivered in front of varied civic groups.

I'm going to treat myself to some cherry cardboard now!

Woo Hoo!!!!!
Scoreboard Malfunction

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Congrats..what City....got to speak with our Governor last week at the ACCA County commissioners annual meeting....You should join the League of Municipalities.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Must be a great feeling!

Shane

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Thats great, congrats. Now you need to issue a trading card!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Kudos,

Joe
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS! May you continue to work just as hard for your constituents while in office.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Congrats! Ive been exposed to local and regional government a lot the past year due to various internships and it's opened my eyes in many ways. Not sure if I'd ever run for any type of office in the future, but you never know.

Anyways, congrats and I'm sure you'll do good things!
  • Options
    Contgrats!!!! Didn't you run last year to? Just wondering.

Big achievement, positive changes, you can do it!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!! image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Contgrats!!!! Didn't you run last year to? Just wondering. >>

This was my first attempt. We serve four year terms, so I'm in 'No more campaigning' mode for at least three and a half years!

Thanks for all the kind words
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! So what's first on your agenda?
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats great, congrats. Now you need to issue a trading card! >>

+1
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats! So what's first on your agenda? >>

I believe in his campaign he said his first agenda item would be to make a motion to repeal the franchise tax levied by the current administration against DC Gas (DeKalb-Cherokee County Gas District).
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Great!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>I just won a city council spot in my hometown! Three months of door to door campaigning everyday after work and all day long on saturdays just paid off!

We had a live televised debate,I had multiple editorial interviews with various local papers, many speeches delivered in front of varied civic groups.

I'm going to treat myself to some cherry cardboard now!

Woo Hoo!!!!! >>

I have personal disdain for my own city council.... Keep in mind as you serve, that you serve the citizens. Don't play god with other peoples lives. Don't treat people who show up for council meetings with disrespect, ESPECIALLY if it is the first one they have ever attended. Don't reprimand citizens that come speak, because they are not the best public speakers as yourself. You are in a position with authority. Wield the power lightly. And always stop to consider, if you are changing ordinances/zones/etc, Is there a reason why they need to be changed? Is there alternative solutions with a lower impact?

I was not part of, but witnessed some disgusting actions by my Pearland City Council.