Home Sports Talk

As a MLBer would you rather....

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Make the money and have a decently long career but on a cellar dwellar and never sniff any success or even have decent stats... OR Be a part of a dream season like the 04 Red Sox and just be a part time player for only a couple of seasons?

I think above all when it comes to careers and bussiness Money trumps all, I think Id go with the long career and the Money.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I'd take the Benjamins as well. Glory is great, but being able to provide for the family long term is even better

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs

• << <i>I think above all when it comes to careers and bussiness Money trumps all, think Id go with the long career and the Money. >>

Money is just one measure of success, but it's a better measure than having good teammates one year on a professional sports team
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd take the Benjamins as well. Glory is great, but being able to provide for the family long term is even better

Mike >>

And to those less fortunate.

+ 1
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts