Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need some help with a pack grading question....thank you, Picture of pack is up.

How much would you pay for ungraded and unauthenticated box of 1987-88 Fleer basketball full box (box included)
The packs look good, I've read about what to look for in resealed packs and these show no signs of it.Text

So I decided to sell these boxes by the pack. While trying to see if there are any stars showing on back I noticed I have a pack with a Michael Jordan All Star Sticker on front and a Magic Johnson on the back showing. Should I get this graded or sell it without getting graded? Will PSA note the two stars showing on the flip if I send it in?

Comments

• Options
    If you can make sure the sequencing is still right and there are at least 3 each of every sticker on back it would be worth 800.00 to 1,000.00. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks Doublestriker, what sequencing should I be looking for?
  • Options
    Check your private messages.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help...
  • Options

<< <i>If you can make sure the sequencing is still right and there are at least 3 each of every sticker on back it would be worth 800.00 to 1,000.00. Good Luck!! >>

Pretty on the money advice. For unauthenticated I wouldn't go over $1000. For a little more you can buy from BBCE and have peace of mind. I think he has a few up at $1150 and a few other from a sealed case the broke prior to the National for somewhere around $1300.

Great box to invest in. These are getting more scarce by the day and print runs were actually way lower than the 86-87's. As more and more people complete their PSA 86 sets I bet interest will increase on this set.

Good luck.
  • Options
    On my way to look at them now. Actually got to talk to Reed from BBCE this morning and he gave me a lot of great info on what to look for in the packs to make sure they haven't been tampered with or shuffled around from other boxes. Thanks for all the feedback.
  • Options
    Ok so next question....
    Should I get these packs graded? Should I keep them with the boxes? I am going to sell 2 of them and keep one.
    I bought his 3 boxes...all looked good, and all boxes had the right amount of all star sticker cards for each player per box.
    I got a SMOKING deal on these because of my friendship with his son.
  • Options
    Grading may be worth the expense. I feel most people just buy through BBCE these days because of the peace of mind that goes with buying from such a reputable source. A full graded box would definitely calm anyone's fears that the boxes aren't legit.

How much are you asking per box?
  • Options
    Sent you a p.m.
  • Options
    Need help with another question. Look at the bold type on the intial question
  • Options
    Anybody help?
    I really value the board's opinions on matters. I am new to the ol' pack grading stuff.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    post pictures so we can see the condition of the pack
  • Options
    I will as soon as I get home from work.
    From memory it was a very clean pack.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

So I decided to sell these boxes by the pack. While trying to see if there are any stars showing on back I noticed I have a pack with a Michael Jordan All Star Sticker on front and a Magic Johnson on the back showing. Should I get this graded or sell it without getting graded? Will PSA note the two stars showing on the flip if I send it in? >>

That is a pack I would get graded, but then again I get a lot of basketball packs graded. They are also able to denote each on the label. The one thing I would do if I were you is to open a pack from each box to make sure that they are legit which you seem to be questioning. It's much cheaper to know the packs are legit before sending a bunch in the come back as fakes. If you don't know how to tell the sequencing you can pm me the card numbers as you find them in the pack and I would be willing to help you. I would also send in all packs with the major 2nd stars showing. You usually can't see the front card but you can see a lot of the back cards unlike '86 and 88 where the stickers went on the backs.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Here is the picture of the pack in question.
    No rips in it, the gum is intact.