Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #1 Andre The Giant BGS 9.5 on EBAY....

Andre The Giant

This card obviously has no shot at crossing with the centering and size of the card but it will certainly be interesting to watch for sure.

I could see this card bringing a very strong price either way.

Put this one on your watch list for sure.

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    It went bye-bye.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may have been poofed for key word spamming. I would think it may show back up with the way it was ended.

This card is a blazer for sure. Awesome corners, great coloring. The problem is the card is very short and most likely would not grade at this point by PSA. I am willing to bet it would come back as MIN SIZE REQ.

I am not smart enough to know if it is trimmed but the 82A in particular come in different sizes but the standard size is for these cards is 1/8 of an inch larger on both the top and side.

PSA in recent months have rejected a number of cards for this. In the event it would grade it is clearly off centered top to bottom and certainly not deserving of Gem Mint centering.

I would give this a PSA 8 if it did grade and still a great card for this issue.

• Options
    It's back with a new description. You can not reference a higher grade in your listing and I believe that is why it was removed the first time.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

This card obviously has no shot at crossing with the centering and size of the card but it will certainly be interesting to watch for sure.
    >>

But BGS has said the centering is 9.5 GEM MINT, so it must be perfect, right?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No way that centering is 9.5 being that low. The 6.5 one listed has better T/B centering IMO. >>

shh....you're making sense. BGS says 9.5 GEM MINT, so it must be so.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

I think the centering on my PSA 9 is better on the top to bottom. It has razor sharp corners and if the centering was a touch higher could be close to a PSA 10.

• Options
    Seems like there hasn't been a whole lot of buzz about wrestling cards on the boards lately, so I thought it might be fun to resurrect this one.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    This card had quite a wild ride.

First it was listed and I posted it. Then it showed up in PWCC auction and sold for $2,871. A few weeks later it pops back up on EBAY and sells for $1,362.

It ended up in the hands of a collector from Hawaii who is putting together a set in BGS holders and hopefully he is happy with the card.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy that a true collector of this set went out and bought this Andre......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable