Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

What is a fair price for a 1967T BB Cello GAI 9?

I have a 1967 Topps Baseball cello pack (1st Series) GAI 9 (MINT) for sale. This cello featuring Lou Brock/Curt Flood (Cards Clubbers) on the front and the Twins Rich Rollins #98 on the back. What is a reasonable asking price knowing you could get a #1 card, Ford, Kaline, Cepeda, Maris, Drysdale, F. Robinson, Mantle Checklist orthose hard to find centered commons #2, #3 Sims, #10 Alou, #50 Oliva, #69 Davalillo, #90 Nash?

I do not have a scan to post here, but I can send you a scan from my IPhone.

PM me if interested...

Thanks,

-Gary

Comments

• Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Have bought dozens of these a few years back. Not sure how/if prices have moved, but you are looking at anywhere from 300-400 depending on centering and corner dings of visible cards. Good luck!
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I remember Eric opening up a pack at the National show six years ago... I believe it was six years ago. I think $350 also. I would be interested in it depending on condition and price if you are going to sell.
    Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Boy, I was wild and crazy back then, wasn't I? Now with a wife, a 5 and 2 year old and relegated to single signed balls......boy, I miss those good ole days!! Anyways, my only GM 10 ever pulled (Oliva) will go in October's Heritage, along with my Red Sox team set (all 9 or 10 except Demeter). I did pull Stange and Tartabull 9's from cello's, but those are long gone.
    Definitely a gamble, but close inspection of corners with a loupe can give a buyer a little more confidence of 9's (or better). Centering VARIES throughout the pack---that I can swear to! Just because the outside card looks 50/50 has minimal bearing on the subsequent cards. I know Alou (#10) is a real toughie to get centered in Series 1, along with the Bando card (#33) and Duke Sims (#3 I think).
    Best of luck if you dance...

Shane---I remember you had a Greatest Moment set...How tough was that to put together in NM? Are those in cello or Wax form? I hardly ever see them anywhere...

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    afternoon boys!

I have the #6 GM Registry Set. Very tuff to build in PSA-6, let alone higher. Most were supposedly distributed in wax form near Brooklyn and I think other New England areas. No wax pack has ever surfaced and I have been collecting vintage wax packs for 25 years--had one been available I would have grabbed it. Some think that the GM cards were cut from sheets that were back doored out the Topps factory in Brooklyn, where they later were cut and sold. It is a great set--

as for the '67 cello-- I have one sale on the BST Boards with Stargell on back--GAI-8--for $850. Series 1 is the Mantle series--That price may or may not be a little high. If it doesn't sell, I will consign it and we will find out what they sell for.

But as I stated--considering that a PSA-8 wax pack--with 5 cards--1 gum stained so really 4 cards--lists for $650. This cello is 11 cards--no gum.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>as for the '67 cello-- I have one sale on the BST Boards with Stargell on back--GAI-8--for $850. Series 1 is the Mantle series--That price may or may not be a little high. If it doesn't sell, I will consign it and we will find out what they sell for. >>

Manny ... I think you know this but just made a mistake ... THE MICK is in SERIES 2.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Yes correct Douglas. Mantle is in series 2, which is the cello I have for sale

Series 1 cello wld be lower than that. To the OP-- I try to figure 40-50% more than a PSA wax pack in the same grade
  • Options
    Thanks FF. Good info on that set---it so unique, there has to be an interesting back story on how they came to be.