Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Image posting help please

I have tried to attach an image (correct size) and after selecting image, hitting upload and then hitting attach nothing happens when I hit attach. Also I have set up a photobucket account and using other threads on the subject that I could find have tried seemingly everything and only get red x's with an img beside it when I try it that way. I understand that this is an elementary question but Ive gone years without needing/wanting to upload an image to a message board. I was hoping that someone may offer step by step help with this please. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't you.

The upload function on the forums seems to be one of the features that has fallen by the wayside lately.

I would recommend you upload pictures to Photobucket or a similar server.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there is another new glitch that has happened over the past few weeks. You started this thread and yet my reply posted at the top instead of #2. Yet this one should fall in at #3 like it should. Weird stuff.

Edit- nope. It went in at #2 and bumped your initial post down to #3. Sorry.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I have uploaded pictures to photobucket and for the life of me just can't figure out how to make them appear here. Test after test has failed.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the bottom link on Photobucket and just post where you want in the text of the message.
    imageLike this.

Edited to break the link to the large image.
  • Options
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hover your mouse over the picture (don't click yet). A drop down (or "pull up") menu appears and offers options.

Click on "IMG code". That copies the text link you will need into your computer's scratch pad (just like a CTRL-C would do).

When composing your forum message paste the link where you want it using CTRL-V. The text will look something like:
    (IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/lkeigwin/dumb stuff/214fd8a0.png[/IMG)

...except the first and last characters are square brackets.

You won't see the image while you are composing your forum message. Just the above text.

Click "Reply to Thread" to submit your message.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Thanks all!
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And there is another new glitch that has happened over the past few weeks. You started this thread and yet my reply posted at the top instead of #2. Yet this one should fall in at #3 like it should. Weird stuff. >>

It is kind of weird that this seems to have started just a few weeks ago. It looks like sorting is now done each poster's computer time which accounts for the lack of consistency.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like sorting is now done each poster's computer time which accounts for the lack of consistency. >>

Maybe LM's clock is running ahead?image
    Interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file