Home Sports Talk
Options

Vin Scully needs to get his $#!& together!

mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
Updated w/new (but much shorter) video link. link

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Heh.

So, did she make it worse by correcting herself?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought she handled it pretty well. She just kept on going as if she had mispronounced a word or something.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Clip no longer available!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Clip no longer available! >>

See post #1 for a new link.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know what she was referring to, but that was harsh coming from a young person who should have some respect for one of the all time great announcers.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Didn't see the entire clip so I can't say why she said that, but I've seen her a few times and she's terrible. Vin Scully will go down as one of the greatest announcers ever.

b
  • Options

<< <i>Don't know what she was referring to, but that was harsh coming from a young person who should have some respect for one of the all time great announcers.

Joe >>

I'm sure she does. She listed all of his accomplishments, and then she sarcastically said "get your **** together!"
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So she was being sarcastic, that's a little different. Either way she's a moron.

Any thoughts on how long it would take to fire a male announcer who said that?

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Vin Scully will go down as one of the greatest announcers ever.>>>

No he won't. He will go down as THE greatest announcer ever. Nobody is really even close. I'd hate to be the guy that has to take over for Scully when he retires.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<<Vin Scully will go down as one of the greatest announcers ever.>>>

No he won't. He will go down as THE greatest announcer ever. Nobody is really even close. I'd hate to be the guy that has to take over for Scully when he retires. >>

That'll likely be Charley Steiner and Rick Monday here in Los Angeles. What they do now simulcast Vin for the first 4 innings on the radio and then Steiner and Monday take over from there. It will be tough to follow him for sure, but much like Johnny Carson, people have become used to him not being on the non NL West road games and there have been a few fill-in's here and there.

That said, I am a Red Sox fan living in LA but I watch quite a bit of the Dodgers just because Vin is so much fun to listen to. Doing a game by yourself is a lost art. He's a legend. I imagine Yankee fans would say Mel Allen or Tigers fans would say Ernie Harwell. As a Sox fan, Ned Martin was my favorite growing up. Sean McDonough did a heck of a job too. But for my money, I'll take Vin.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Scully's cool, and when I'm in So-Cal at the same time that the Giants and Dodgers are going at it, it's fun to turn on the tv and listen to Scully do his art.

That being said, I prefer the SF Giants broadcast team.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25