Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

43 to 74 Pyrimad 20 centavo set Mexico

Anyone ever attempt this set?, is it easy or is it hard in BU?
do you stick your nose up at this set? or do you see this Bronze
set a challenge?

I've been playin around with this set since I was a kid, and I'll
say I have it, but not in BU, I'm always trying to upgrade if the
circumstances permit it, but I also must say I hav'nt hit it agressivley.

I must also admit I think this coin is stunning in BU.

Any and all thoughts welcomeimage

Steve
Promote the Hobby

Comments

• Options
    There are a couple of relatively expensive dates, but overall, it's not a hard set at all to complete in BU.

<< <i> must also admit I think this coin is stunning in BU. >>

I think so, too.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool design- I own some and like them. I don't have a full set and unfortunately the series seems to be overlooked. In a way, I think that is better because it will remain affordable

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are a couple of relatively expensive dates, but overall, it's not a hard set at all to complete in BU.

<< <i> must also admit I think this coin is stunning in BU. >>

I think so, too. >>

There's also an uncataloged mule on one date in the 70s that's pretty rare. If there's interest, I'll dig up the info.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a picture if you get up a BU set of those. I'll bet it would be very appealing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this one and some others since the 1960's:

Mexico 20 Centavos 1960

I have recently gotten into pyramids.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen and had a few with really nice pastel peripheral toning in pinks and lavenders.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I like them too. I briefly owned this MS64BN example before a forum member in Canada asked me to sell it to him. image
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like them too. I briefly owned this MS64BN example before a forum member in Canada asked me to sell it to him. image
    image >>

OH YeeeAHH, thats what I'm talking about, Thats Stunning

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    They bring back great memories!

When I first started collecting as a kid, I received a large Australian "Roo" penny and one of those Mexican 20 Centavo "pyramid" coins............ I just LOVED their size and weight!

First chance I got, I started sets for both of them. I was able to find Whitman blue folders for the Australian pennies (and later Mexican 1 and 5 centavos), but it appears nobody ever created a folder for the Mexican 20c's.

So they're each sitting in 2x2's in plastic pages in a binder along with all my other expanded Darkside "1-per-country" coin collection.

I'd like to get them out into a separate folder, but haven't found one yet that they fit snugly into.... I don't want them falling out like Canadian quarters would in a US Quarter folder, etc....... Has ANYONE found an appropriate folder?

If I read my list correctly, I have the entire set/run in varying condition, with the exception of a 1955 KM#440...

- - Dave image
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    I really love this design. I have several, in low grade, but I haven't thought of making a set of them. I don't have any in high grade, but I agree that I need one sometime!