Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Epic Battle With A 2004 Leaf Rookies And Stars Brock Lesnar GAI Gem Mint....

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    Paq and Mayweather to fight and Brock outweighs them together by 10 pounds..lol
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paq and Mayweather to fight and Brock outweighs them together by 10 pounds..lol >>

That is hilarious.....good one!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brock $200

Nice to see Brock's cards getting some action.

• Options
    Brock Raw

My battle was with a GAI holder. Brock's was with a brand new Cadillac.

• Options
    Brock destroyed J&J's Caddy lol.

Very nice Brock football cards you have. I have a ton of his wrestling and MMA issues. Haven't added any football yet. I have a couple of his UFC Topps Autos. I've been hoping they would put out a wrestling auto but from everything I've read he's stated he's not signing anymore cards for the card companies. A Topps Chrome on card auto would be pretty sweet.
    Notre Dame Autograph Super Collector
    Wrestling Autographed Card Collector

Working on these sets signed
    1986 Topps baseball
    1991 UD Football
    1990 Collegiate Collection Notre Dame
    2013 UD Notre Dame
    1991 Pro Set Super Bowl Supermen
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Brock destroyed J&J's Caddy lol.

I took the kids to the event last nite ... That was really funny! He's a seriously big dude
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

Very nice Brock football cards you have. I have a ton of his wrestling and MMA issues. Haven't added any football yet. I have a couple of his UFC Topps Autos. I've been hoping they would put out a wrestling auto but from everything I've read he's stated he's not signing anymore cards for the card companies. A Topps Chrome on card auto would be pretty sweet. >>

That is interesting. I have read a high end WWE product is coming out and thought it would be cool to grab a Brock auto. I don't collect the recent wrestling cards but would have picked one up.

• Options

<< <i>

I took the kids to the event last nite ... That was really funny! He's a seriously big dude >>

That is awesome!

I would love to see him perform one day. Brock is what is missing in wrestling. Since they have completely destroyed any level of kayfabe it is always nice to see him come out because you know it might be scripted but if he really wants to he can hurt just about anyone. I went to bed early and read about it this morning and pulled it up.

Great segment in my opinion.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>ehh. thought it was terrible personally. ugly car, poor choice w/ the axes and the back door was completely pre-disassembled, even by wrestling standards. it about fell off as soon as he opened it. >>

I will have to watch it again. My wrestling Buddy Allan said it wasn't a gimmicked car. He is the smartest dude I have ever met when it comes to wrestling stuff.

Either way I am thrilled every time Brock does anything. He could stand there with his arms crossed and I would be more entertained then by most of the current roster.

• Options
    Fan injured

When I read about Brock pulverizing the car this morning it was a story about a fan getting injured. It looks like Yahoo picked up the story and a video from Twitter is shown. Pretty wild.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    What are some of the prices on the Brock rookies in 10, 9 or 8?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Brock auto

This is a recently released card with Brock's first auto from a wrestling product. It looks like there is some strong interest in this card with 40 watchers and a current bid of $232.50. Brock's football cards are finally getting the respect they deserve so I would imagine it has carried over to a card like this.

• Options
    Dpeck,

In case you haven't noticed, Brock has an on card auto in the new 2015 Topps WWE Road to WrestleMania set. His auto is super short printed, and it has numbered color variation parallels.

Also, the new WWE Battleground 2015 DVD has a limited Brock Lesnar Topps promo card in the 1st shipments. The packaging will have a sticker that says exclusive Topps trading card inside.
    Notre Dame Autograph Super Collector
    Wrestling Autographed Card Collector

Working on these sets signed
    1986 Topps baseball
    1991 UD Football
    1990 Collegiate Collection Notre Dame
    2013 UD Notre Dame
    1991 Pro Set Super Bowl Supermen
  • Options

<< <i>Dpeck,

In case you haven't noticed, Brock has an on card auto in the new 2015 Topps WWE Road to WrestleMania set. His auto is super short printed, and it has numbered color variation parallels.

Also, the new WWE Battleground 2015 DVD has a limited Brock Lesnar Topps promo card in the 1st shipments. The packaging will have a sticker that says exclusive Topps trading card inside. >>

Thanks for the feedback. This thread for some reason always gets hung up on page turns and there were like three posts I had never seen. I bumped the thread to post a link to that card. It looks like two others have already sold on EBAY for a highest price of $290.

That is cool that they are including a promo card with the DVD.
  • Options
    Hoping for a strong performance tonight at UFC 200!!!!

Bring the pain Brock!!!
  • Options
    Totally agree ! Big Lesnar fan here (as long as he's doing UFC)

The talker Anderson is back to probably lose a 5th in a row.

• Options
    I am happy to see he is the underdog on the betting odds. He has his work cut out for him but you can never count Brock out.

Wearing my customized sleeveless original WWE Here Comes The Pain t-shirt today in support! Haha
  • Options
    That was your stuff in the latest SMR wasn't it

Pretty cool. Congrats on the article. A CU message board members dream image

• Options
    Originally posted by: HaveLearned
    That was your stuff in the latest SMR wasn't it

Pretty cool. Congrats on the article. A CU message board members dream image

Yes it was. Thanks for checking it out.

• Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100

Hoping for a strong performance tonight at UFC 200!!!!

Bring the pain Brock!!!

Great to see him get back to really fighting, and not just pretending to.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brock looked really good last night. He controlled most of the fight. he is a large dude. Saw him at a live wwe show around 10-12 years ago. he is huge.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Did you see the pre fight press conference? The other dude looked much smaller standing there with Brock.
  • Options
    It was a very exciting fight. Brock was smart to take his time engaging. Hunt can knock out anyone and can obviously take a lot of punishment. I just wanted to see Brock win and obviously a finish would have been great but he clearly won the fight.

Vince has to be thrilled that he won as it makes his "fake" wrestler all the more real. That has been Brock's appeal from the beginning when he came into wrestling in 2002. A real wrestler who could really kick your butt.

He is the only wrestler I really get excited to see in WWE. He just man handles people and looks awesome! I am really happy for him to come back and take a fight on short notice against a very tough guy and come out and have an impressive win and the Brock Lesnar story rolls on.

• Options
    I was so pumped when these Sweet Spot Brock's hit EBAY. I have been trying to land a Brock in gold for almost seven years and lost the only two I have ever seen on EBAY. I offered the seller a lot more than I won them for to end them early. He wanted more and then the news hit. Got them for the opening bids.

Funny to see he is exempt from the wellness policy in the WWE!

I already have a graded 8.5 but this one looks like a 9 hopefully.

This is still a Pop 1 PSA 10 and this one looks very close.

• Options
    These popped today.

9 1 26164950 MINT 9 2004 Playoff Honors 173 Brock Lesnar O'S Card
    10 1 26164951 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Silver Card
    11 1 26164952 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Gold Card

• Options
    Here is the scan of the Gold.

• Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-UD-Sweet-Spot-203-Brock-Lesnar-Vikings-RC-Rookie-BGS-9-5-GEM-MINT-/372053272527?nma=true&amp;si=JXoqXlk2%2BB4GWzL4AOIVH2bCfO0%3D&amp;orig_cvip=true&amp;rt=nc&amp;_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thrilled to win this card at $78. The corners are the big issues I have faced with these and I think this card has a very solid shot at a 10. I will be cracking this baby if the back corners look as clean as the front. Interesting to see BGS has a few copies graded Gem Mint and there is one of the Gold graded Gem Mint too. I would love to see that card!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2017 8:09PM

Very nice pickup David.

Nice to see such clean colored borders - a plus, plus.

Mike
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

Curious if he'd sign that card. He's an odd duck.

• Options

@VitoCo1972 said:
    Curious if he'd sign that card. He's an odd duck.

I have seen a few copies of his most common base card from the Leaf Rookies and Stars set signed. That is the only football card so far I have seen. From all accounts I have heard Brock does indeed march to his own beat. He seems like a tough auto from an after market product as I have never seen his name in the recent years I have been getting cards signed on a signing list for a show or convention. He has been featured in some of the recent WWE products from Topps but personally I would rather a card like this signed.

I am very curious to see what the future holds for him after Jon Jones got popped again for PED's. It looked very much like Brock was going to leave the WWE to train for another fight and he is a business man and would have made huge money for that one. The WWE played a nice swerve and kept the title on him at Summer Slam. Brock is such a tremendous performer and while I realize he may want to actually fight again, he is killing it right now in WWE with some really awesome performances.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

Eh, not that i want to get too deep into wrestling booking (I go back and forth from watching regularly to taking months off and I'm out at the moment) but he was much better in his early career before they changed his style. He actually gets to show much less of his incredible athleticism now. It's all monster-booking but would it kill him to run the ropes or DDT someone occasionally?

• Options

He lived here in MN for a while. Word was that he was not approachable in public. He did a charity signing years ago that had I known he'd be so tough I would have attempted.

• Options

I like the early Brock in many ways better too but I will take Brock today vs. no Brock all day.

I get to see Brock every day. Really hoping to replace the 9.

• Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brock-Lesnar-Ufc-Topps-2009-Round-2-Auto/192290620618?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&amp;_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The sticker on the top loader looks like this was a redemption card. Anyone know if that is how these came? I just checked the pop report and so far only three graded and all PSA 8's. Hopefully this one is nice.

• Options

The signed Brock came today and the seller used a different protective holder to ship it. It was one of the magnetic thicker holders that many modern autographed cards are in. It was heavily taped shut and after getting the tape removed I got it to open. I set it back down and let it close and got in position to take it out and put it in the card saver. I started to open it and some how it went flying off the counter. I watched in horror as it made its way to the tile floor assuming I ruined the card. The holder stayed shut and no damage!! After thinking about it for a few hours I inserted another card in the holder and dropped it a few times to test it out. It only popped out once after a few hard trips to the floor. What a relief. A very nice copy but I must say these sticker auto cards are kind of rediculous. On card autos are far superior.

• Options
    lucasjlucasj Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Brock still lives at least the majority of the year in Central MN, his kids go to school there, etc. I was a bartender at a restaurant he and Rena would eat at several times a week up until I moved a year ago. He was always very approachable and polite. I am always confused when I read that people think he is surly or unapproachable as i never saw that side to him (or Rena for that matter).

1987 Topps FB - Signed
    1989 Hoops BB - Signed
    Seattle Seahawks & Mariners Key Cards
    Selectively Random Cards That Make Me Happy
  • Options

Very cool. Glad to hear Brock is a legit dude.

• Options

• Options

Curious as to if you have a 1968 Wahoo McDaniel on your wall? It seems like it should be up there is it is not already.

• Options

@49ersGuy said:
    Curious as to if you have a 1968 Wahoo McDaniel on your wall? It seems like it should be up there is it is not already.

I don't own the card but will one day for sure. I lost an auction for a nice PSA 9 a few months ago and put in an offer on the PSA 10 that is for sale on eBay but it was declined. I plan to buy an Ernie Ladd as well.

• Options

Sweet!!! Both the first to grade Gem Mint 10.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 28221529 GEM MINT 10 2009 Topps Ufc Autograph FA-BL Brock Lesnar Card
    2 1 28221530 GEM MINT 10 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Card

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

NICE !!! Brock is one Badass

• Options

Spent some time scanning my Brock collection.

Here are the scans.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018 11:58AM

Just wanted to share the medical roster sheet from when Lesnar won his first WWE title on August 25, 2002
    Flair also signed his real last name - Fliehr.

the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options

That is awesome that it is from Summer Slam where he wins the title from The Rock. Man the crowds were hot back then. Here is the finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy1b3v7irY

• Options

The corners are probably not sharp enough to grade a PSA 9 but I will take this card in any condition. Not sure what I plan to do with it. Either crack to sub or crack to have raw and hope one day he does a signing.