Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Pop Report Question

How long has the option to view Variety Roosevelt dimes population been turned off on the pop page?
Used to be you could click on the + sign at the date and mint mark of certain coin listings, and it pulled up the pop of the variety of that date & mint mark.
But... its not been working for awhile now, so theres no way to check/predict the value of these coins.
If anyone knows the answer I'll wait before calling customer service.... Thanks in advance for any info you may have.
Dan

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I know for me and my quarters you need to start a registry set, and that is the only way I know you can see the pops on certain varieties. Or You have to Join Coinfacts where I think that info is available to all that subscribe. Its been awhile now since they changed it, but other members told me about joining the registry and than you can look up each coin without having to pay... Good luck............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple registry sets, so Im guessing Monday morning I'll be on the phone to PCGS.
    Thanks for the reply. image
    Dan
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan, Not sure what is going on with the + sign, but....... all variety coins have a specific coin number assigned to them. After logging in, you can go to the population report at the bottom of the home page. When it comes up, select the box in the upper right corner and enter the coin #. The population of that variety will come up. For Indians and Lincolns, they have three designations with different coin numbers. For instance the 1947 DDO will have coin number 37847 for brown, 37848 for red brown, and 37849 for red. The series with full step or full bands will have two numbers. One for the non full band, and the next digit (last) at one higher. Don't know a coin #? Almost all are located in someones registry set. Very few at this point still have zero as the population. Hope this helps. Big Rick had all of the numbers in a link. Maybe he will see this and post a link. Regards, Mel
    p.s. You can also use the "what if" function on your Registry to find coin numbers. image
  • Options
    CalebCaleb Posts: 739
    The + windows work for me in the Roosevelt dimes and Kennedy half on the Population Reports. Have you a current membership? Or, have you pissed customer service off for some reason? image
  • Options
    Thanks Mel, that helps on the ones I have graded, but not on the ones I want to submit.
    Caleb
    .. Yes on the membership being good...No on the pissing..
    Dan
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm well I just hit the population button and it wants me to pay 4.95 a month. I thought it used to be free and if you wanted to see the varieties than you had to pay or start a registry set. I also agree if you hit your edit button in your own set than the what if button all the pops show up. My membership did expired a month ago and maybe thats why I no longer get to see the Regular Pop reports. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I have found that if I want to see all the varieties in a set, I first pull up type of coin ( in this case rosies) in the pop report, and at the top of the page it will display "print grid" or "printer friendly" and I click on that. The next display will have "expand all varieties" and that will give them all to you for the entire list. Hope that helps. You do have to be in current standings with PCGS to view this.
    Peace can not be acheived by force but only through understanding.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    bassetthounddog thanks for your response but Expand all varieties also does not work for me.
    I recently renewed my membership, and before this date everything was fine. But since renewel I think somehow I was turned off on this service. Since others with current memberships are getting this service, I think it must be just an oversight that mine went down.
    I wish to thank everyone for their help, and I'll call PCGS Monday to check on the problem.
    Dan
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having a problem viewing pops for varieties. Are you sure your Collectors Club membership hasn't expired? There may be othe places to check it, but you can go to Services on the PCGS home page, then click on Order Status. It should show when your membership expires.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Auto Renews On: 7/9/2013
    Dan
  • Options
    I want to thank Chris with PCGS customer service and who ever the tech was that worked on my problem.
    My pop report now works as it should. imageimage
    Dan