Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1000th Post Giveaway Contest! Winners: LochNESS, OldEast, ben625

I just want to thank PCGS and you guys for being my favourite forum for learning about coins. There are some extremely knowledgeable posters here that have been very helpful over the couple years I have been here. I've reached the 1,000 post mark (in about 22 months, that's a good number of posts/day!) so it's time for a little give away contest.

Here is a picture of a huge lot of 2000+ Canadian pennies and 5 cents that I purchased on Ebay about 5 years ago.

Your mission- should you choose to accept it- is to guess which of the following 10 coins were cherry picked out of this lot and which were not. Please respond in the format:

1 Y
2 N
... etc

I'll pick whoever has the most number of correct answers. As a tiebreaker, also write in your post how many 1949 "A" points to denticle pennies I own, without going over. Top three contestants will get to choose from three lots of random world junk silver coins (pictured at the bottom of this post). #1 will get first choice, #2 2nd choice, #3 whatever is left. Each lot is around 16 grams of coins of various silver contents.

I'll close the contest at midnight ET on Friday August 31st.

Good luck!

PS- in case Photobucket poops, try looking at the pics directly in the album

Coin list:

1 cent
1. 1949 "A" points to denticle
2. 1943 die break on 3 to stem
3. 1933 die breaks/cuds
4. 1951 AU+ red
5. 1962 "Guitar" on reverse below 1 in "1 Cent"
6. 1949 clipped planchet
7. 1965 Type 4 LB P5

5cents
8. 1942 some sort of lamination? errors on both sides
9. 1964 Extra Water Line (die break at 9 o'clock)
10. 1945 rusted planchet under the chromium plating (was featured in Vol 49 #23 of Canadian Coin News, early 2012)

Pictures

Prizes:

GB 2 Shilling + lot

Australia florin + lot

GB Florin + lot
http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments