Home Precious Metals
Options

Anybody know mardis gras?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got a silver 1974 witch today, supposedly, but it looks and feels good. Do the dabloons in silver have value? Limited run stuff?? Anybody familiar?

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got a silver 1974 witch today, supposedly, but it looks and feels good. Do the dabloons in silver have value? Limited run stuff?? Anybody familiar? >>

They tend to be very limited production but there is little demand. The demand that does exist
    is hard to find. Most have mintages between 12 and 100 and they even exist in gold and other
    metals. My understanding is most of these have a limited striking in silver and most are bought
    by krewe members.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info ck. I could only find 1 similar online to the one I got, but it was in bronze. I paid generic price on it so it is what it is.

Finally got my crappy cell phone pics, stamped "999 FS" on the edge. I'll try to get better ones later.

• Options
    Exactly!!!!
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    The Garden District Carnival Club was a marching club that walked the streets of uptown New Orleans on Mardi Gras morning.
    I dont think they parade any more but I could be wrong.

There are doubloon trading clubs in New Orleans.
    Some of the older doubloon that were made in silver, gold and broze are worth some money.
    However, most of them are not,
    Try this website...

Crescent City Doubloon Traders
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice !!!
    Timbuk3