Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA 4='VG'

Has anybody ever seen a flip graded 4 with a VG description? I saw one while browsing the bay and it caught me off guard. The flip looks very old....not sure if at one time PSA described a 4 as VG?

It's the 62 Mantle in the below auction if curious.

PSA 4

Comments

• BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Its an old flip
    1964 Topps Football
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Looks like an error on the flip...card also looks like a 3 VG...

Has notthing to do with it being an old flip.

Jeff
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Jeff, it looks like a 3 anyways.
  • It's not an error. The grading scale was slightly different when PSA first started. PSA 4 was VG.
  • Sorry to detour your thread, but I have to get this out there.

Ahh, ebay user misterinvestor....

I won a lot similar to this a couple years ago. My lot had a similar arrangement to yours, and ALL the star cards had a hairline crease. In the pictures, they look NM but in my hands and with proper lighting, ugh. The NM commons were all o/c. He puts the nicer ones in the pics, and the rest are upgradable. And to make things worse, he had a bunch of 73-77 Topps baseball commons included as well, much like the 77 Topps football in this lot. They all looked nice in the pictures, but there were all Fair to VG condition. It was all a waste of money and time on those cards. At least the graded cards look legit. My lot didn't have any.

All in all, if you're interested in bidding on this lot, I would pass if I were you. It was the one eBay purchase that I regret making.
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay