Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Listed in Krause with a ----- ? Can anyone tell me Value ? 1890 9/8 British Crown Couple Pics up !!

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suspense is killing us!
    Well, I'm interested at least & make it a good picture unlike most overdate pics.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Would look nice along side my 1890 crownimage
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but ... I've looked, stepped away, looked again, come back the next morning ... and I still don't see the "8" underneath the 9. Looks like something smushed on top of the 9 not the other way around.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe it's just me but ... I've looked, stepped away, looked again, come back the next morning ... and I still don't see the "8" underneath the 9. Looks like something smushed on top of the 9 not the other way around. >>

look at the Gap in the 9 the eight show best there under it, definitely shows better in person will work on better pics.
    But there is definitely something under the nine
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know it's not a recognized variety in any of the catalogs so you would need to check if there are any auction prices. I don't have any listed in any of my information.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not be quite as valuable as some of the later Widowhead scarcer Regnal years but some premium no doubt. The underdate is tough to make out. WAG is maybe ?250? Dollars.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.