Home Precious Metals
Options

Any info on this silver bar?

I bought a Silvertowne 1 oz bar off of a friend that I cannot find this design anywhere on the internet. Although small, this is still only my second bullion purchase out of the 3 years I've been collecting. I paid melt so regardless I did good and couldn't pass it up. Any info on it? Any premium based on design? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If you paid melt for it, you did good. It's a common bar, basically anything by ST is pretty common, especially the extruded kind like this.
    Turn the side of the bar that has the eagle landing on the branch vertically, that's how you should be looking at it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>If you paid melt for it, you did good. It's a common bar, basically anything by ST is pretty common, especially the extruded kind like this.
    Turn the side of the bar that has the eagle landing on the branch vertically, that's how you should be looking at it. >>

Thanks for the info. I was familiar with the brand that's why I jumped on it and wasn't concerned about the authenticity. He originally asked me about buying this bar from his co-worker..I said go for it considering he paid only $25 when silver was $28 a couple of weeks ago. He got impatient that it wasn't gaining insane value and was "collecting dust" image I told him the worst thing to do is check the price of silver everyday after a purchase. So I offered current melt and acquired it.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    An instant 12% gain wasn't good enough for him LOL. Tell him he should've bought 1000 oz rather than 1 oz, then ask if he would've liked that profit. Then you get to watch a po'd look overcome his face LOL
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.