Home Sports Talk
Options

Isn't it a bit laughable for the Astros to Fire Their Manager?

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
With the players they put on this field this year, no one could possibly win with that group of AA talent. Its a little embarrasing that the ownership is trying to use Brad Mills as a scapegoat. I hope the local press in Houston really sticks it to the Astros Ownership in the papers.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Seems like they would have just finished the year out and then started the next season with a new manager, new league, etc. The new manager has very little chance of taking a team that is of legendary badness and turning it around to even be respectable.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Any manager would have a tough time winning in that organization right now.
    For The Best Prices on Sports Memorabilia Check out My Online Sports Memorabilia Store
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With the players they put on this field this year, no one could possibly win with that group of AA talent. Its a little embarrasing that the ownership is trying to use Brad Mills as a scapegoat. I hope the local press in Houston really sticks it to the Astros Ownership in the papers. >>

Sorry to be blunt but simply put, you don't know what you're talking about. Crane is blaming our woes on Mills? Really?

Please feel free to post a link and I'll gladly wait.......
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With the players they put on this field this year, no one could possibly win with that group of AA talent. Its a little embarrasing that the ownership is trying to use Brad Mills as a scapegoat. I hope the local press in Houston really sticks it to the Astros Ownership in the papers. >>

Sorry to be blunt but simply put, you don't know what you're talking about. Crane is blaming our woes on Mills? Really?

Please feel free to post a link and I'll gladly wait....... >>

Ah Stown... You're still sore from that beatdown I gave you on the SEC expansion thread a few years ago when none of your predictions about the Texas Longhorns came to fruition? Move on...
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please feel free to post a link and I'll gladly wait....... >>

Ah Stown... You're still sore from that beatdown I gave you on the SEC expansion thread a few years ago when none of your predictions about the Texas Longhorns came to fruition? Move on... >>

What? Again, don't know what you're talking about. Feel free to provide links but based upon your previous reply, there will be nothing but : crickets :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I checked, the Astros were trailing the Cubs in the standings

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Last time I checked, the Astros were trailing the Cubs in the standings >>

We trail everyone, in every division, in every league.

Beer and bathroom lines are short, though. Good times.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side- it really can not get worse

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

why would you assume "ownership" made this move? Luhnow seems to be responsible for pretty much everything regarding the on the field product and he didn't hire Mills. Most GMs want their own guy, and it's fairly transparent that he and Mills have/had some philosophical differences largely stemming from analytics or Mills' lackluster use of them. So if Mills wasn't going to return next year, why not let this guy from AAA have a shot and give the guy an opportunity to audition for a permanent gig since the club is largely constructed of guys he's managed in the minors anyway. Rarely do situations where the club is rebuilding and the manager runs the team solely to win a few extra games to save his job work out well anyway. Seems like a perfectly rational move.