Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1951 Bowman FB

Just wondering if anyone on the board is working on this set. I feel the need to start a 50's FB set and I think the 51's are my favorite. Anyone have opinions on this or any other 50's FB set? Ironically enough I already have one psa card - J. Robert Smith. I Bought it because my name is Robert Smith. I love when things work out like that. It's in a 6 and looks good enough for me (I mean my budget) so I'll start with 6 and higher. Anyone got a small lot they're willing to deal on?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    1951 is a popular year with some good quality rookies. I would suggest sticking with PSA 7 and higher cards only though. They are easy enough to get in 7 and 8 that you are eventually going to want to get rid of any 6's that you did happen to buy. Ebay would be a good place to look for them as well as Teletrade
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I agree 7's and 8's would be a lot nicer than 6's, but a well centered, clean 6 is still a real nice card. To tell the truth, I really can't tell the difference in corners between some of my 6 cards and some of my 7 cards from the 50's. I guess surface really comes into play at this range. I will persue 7's and 8's if the mark-up in price seems reasonable. I haven't run all the #'s yet but maybe a solid 7 set is within my 3 year budget after all. Thanks for the comment, I'm glad to see people still talk sports cards around here.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Bob, its a great set, Good Luck with it...jay