Home Sports Talk
Options

2012 Perfect Game #3 owned by Felix Hernandez

digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
Wow, once upon a time, these things were rare.

Prior to 1900 = 2
1900 - 1909 = 2
1910 - 1919 = 0
1920 - 1929 = 1
1930 - 1939 = 0
1940 - 1949 = 0
1950 - 1959 = 1
1960 - 1969 = 3
1970 - 1979 = 0
1980 - 1989 = 3
1990 - 1999 = 4
2000 - 2009 = 2
2010 - 2012 (3 seasons) = 5
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    He's so overrated

<<thenavarro>>
  • Options
    There wasn't a single one thrown in the 70s? Man, that decade really did suck. image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listened to the seventh and eighth innings and then tuned in to watch the ninth. Pretty cool, great pitcher.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He's so overrated

<<thenavarro>> >>

Queen Felix is 12-16 lifetime against the Rangers (the only team that matters to me), hhhmmmm, I can only wonder why I type that he is overrated?

Congrats to the Queen and his court on his peformance today though, if I had seen it, I would have been cheering for him once it got to the 7th or so. Go Felix Go, I hope your next 7 years against Texas are the same as your first 7.

thenavarro
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    He needs to get out of Seattle. The guy would win 20 a year for the Yankees, or even any team that had a pulse to be honest.
  • Options

<< <i>He needs to get out of Seattle. The guy would win 20 a year for the Yankees, or even any team that had a pulse to be honest. >>

Can't help but think the same thing. He did however recently sign a long term deal with Seattle so I guess he likes it there.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He needs to get out of Seattle. The guy would win 20 a year for the Yankees, or even any team that had a pulse to be honest. >>

Jared Weaver is getting an average of 6.5+ runs per game this year FWIW. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    He's a unique guy, he loves it here and he wants to stay no matter what. Very refreshing these days.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's a unique guy, he loves it here and he wants to stay no matter what. Very refreshing these days. >>

Its nice to see someone stay loyal to a team and not run to the big teams for some extra money.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best pitcher in baseball. Bar none.

Congrats to the Kimg!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    I went to the game - knew it was going to be a small crowd - turned out to be just under 22,000. Bought a $13 CF bleacher seat - but sat in the 26th row behind HP - field level. Great seat!! He was filthy. The movement on his pitches yesterday - made him pretty much unhittable - and he was. Awesome game - best I've ever attended. What a game, what a performance - I'll remember it forever. It was awesome!!!!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for you baseball trivia buffs and statistics buffs can you answer a question that I have?

A perfect game, to my understanding, is one where not a single batter on the opposing team gets on base. Thus for a nine inning game in which there are 3 outs per inning a perfect game would be one where the opposing team only has 27 at bats (3 batters per inning times 9 innings) and all 27 batters are struck out or are called out before they reach a base.

A baseball player can be struck out with three strikes, can walk if four balls are thrown, can hit the ball and safely make it to a base before the opposing team can throw him out, can hit a home run or can hit a fly ball that is caught for an out. These situations can result in many different numbers of pitches being thrown during a game.

The minimum number of pitches that would be required to complete an MLB game is 27 (each of the 27 batters in a game would hit a fly ball that is caught). If all 27 batters struck out the minimum number of pitches required to complete a game would be 81 (27 batters each being thrown 3 strikes). Other than these two minimum numbers of pitches to complete a game, there is no limit to the combinations that could take place in a game that would give rise to different pitch counts to complete a game.

For the 23 perfect games that have been thrown in MLB, what is the minimum number of pitches required to complete the game, what is the maximum number of pitches required to complete the game and what is the average number of pitches required to complete a game.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Addie Joss used 74 pitches in 1908, David Cone used 88 when he had his. Not sure about the average among all of the perfectos.