Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1963 Topps Baseball(basic) Finally 100% Completed!

My last card was Norm Larker!! Still need to upgrade some key cards. I bought the Rose years ago when I didn't know about qualifiers image. 7.29 set rating not to shabby as it rates 25th in current finest. I submitted about 200 cards raw, mostly from a second series cello pack made for gumball type machines I think. It was wrapped in cellophane and was tall(no Mantle). Purchased at a card show in the early 80's and just recently subbed. Some nice grades came from that and collecting raw over the years. That was fun!!!
If anybody knows what my set might go for I would like to know for insurance reasons. $10,000 maybe?
link

I might do the '57 next but maybe in a lower grade.
Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on completing this monster set ! Was Norm Larker a tough card to find , or was it just fate that it was the last card needed ?
    Robbieimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Sweet set Psychump! I would think the value would be closer to $12-13K range. Good luck with the 57's if you decide to go that direction.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Its great to complete most any set . Some are easy , some are hard . 100% for the 63's == excellent job ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If anybody knows what my set might go for I would like to know for insurance reasons. $10,000 maybe? >>

Using current VCP numbers, right around $14,484 pricing the Rose 7MC at $400 and the Stargell 8OC at $99. Now you need some scans! image
  • Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    congrats. great accomplishment
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats on completing this monster set ! Was Norm Larker a tough card to find , or was it just fate that it was the last card needed ?
    Robbieimage >>

Yes Robbie it is a hard card to find in 7 or better. My raw sub came back MINSIZRQ so I got mad and waited for one already slabbed to pop up or else it would have been the Dick Williams card or a Pete Richert card in which I sent in two possible 8's and they both came back sixes!

My Stargell 8oc looks great! I should probably resub it and ask for no qualifiers. I sure want a Pete Rose PSA 7. I am saving for that one. There is always a nice seven floating around. Thanks for the prices Shane and Bob, more than what I thought! image
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    wonderful set, congratulation
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Congrats on a job well done! Beautiful set
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Always nice to see a vintage set completed, Congrats! image

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Thanks again everybody!! It really feels good!!!! If anybody can help me upgrade I would be most appreciative as I have a lot of raw from '68 up. I can't reply quickly as I am working the "crush" at a winery(7 days on 12 hours per shift for 10-12 weeks!). I am saving up for a Pete!
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Nice job
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Great job! I can't wait to get over 20% in this set, can't imagine 100%!