Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

From the ANA Show...Resolution to Earlier Story

13»

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I do find it interesting that the tone of this conversation has evolved over the past few days from basically, "That coin might not even be 64PL" and "Why would you offer above list for that?" and "That dealer must have rocks in his head!" to "For that coin you're gonna have to cough up whatever it takes" and "That dealer seems to know what he's doing."

Just interesting to note since none of the basic facts at hand have changed in the past 72 hours. >>

New information has been added (past retail sales and auction data), and new participants have joined the discussion.

I do not believe that either party is right or wrong or that a coin sale need be a zero sum game. I do believe that you should wait until you can find an example in a PCGS holder and be prepared to pay the appropriate price (and it will likely be more than the price guides say). This deal is not for you (or the other guy)--it is simply not meant to be--and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • Options

<< <i>... or that a coin sale need be a zero sum game. >>

As long as a sale is between a willing buyer and seller, it's never a zero sum game. Nobody voluntarily enters into a transaction that they feel will make them worse off afterwards.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update...the original PL Morgan in question sold over Labor Day weekend in a true auction, no reserve format.

The final price was $392 with 37 bids.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Update...the original PL Morgan in question sold over Labor Day weekend in a true auction, no reserve format.

The final price was $392 with 37 bids. >>

So, did you buy it? image

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file