Home Sports Talk
Options

Should the Mets trade R.A. Dickey?

Hate to lose him but I think they should. This team is going nowhere fast and I'd like to get some good young players for this guy.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    No No No No No. At last I can enjoy The Mets once every 5 games!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know hes been fantastic this season, and certainly deserves to be considered for the cy young, if not win it. But how much do you think they can really get in return for a 37 year old knuckleballer? Do you think many teams will give much up for him? Cause where ever he goes, he wont stay long.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I know hes been fantastic this season, and certainly deserves to be considered for the cy young, if not win it. But how much do you think they can really get in return for a 37 year old knuckleballer? Do you think many teams will give much up for him? Cause where ever he goes, he wont stay long. >>

The time to do a deal passed. The waver wire might work, but you're limited to scouting the team that claims him on wavers.

Anyways, I could see just about any team out there that's in contention looking to upgrade a rotation spot. Dickey comes with a 2013 team option for only $5 mil, so he's not a rental. If the Mets put him on wavers, I could see teams that have given up on 2012 trying to claim him and get a leg up on 2013.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25